Motivational Monday: Advice from “A Cinderella Story”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We can all picture Hilary Duff in A Cinderella Story quoting, “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” This quote is especially important to keep in mind at this point in our lives when striking out seems like the worst thing that could happen. College is very stressful and can at times overwhelm you, which is understandable when you realize exactly how much a college student has to accomplish within four years. We need to finish and pass all our classes on time, make the best memories and try to graduate with a solid job. These tasks we take on could make us fearful of the feature. It is ok to be afraid of what happens next after graduation, but it should not steer you away from exploring life.

The fear of failing gets in the way of taking risks in life.  If you do not do as well on your Economics test as you’d been hoping, do not let that scare you away from doing everything in your power to excel the next time. You might hit a bump in the road but everything you do in life should be treated as a lesson.

Have fun, do not take everything so seriously.  This is the perfect time to start going outside your comfort zone and making changes in life that could at first scare you but then will help you get over the fear of failing. There are so many different things you can do that will leave an everlasting impact on not only yourself, but on others as well.  Make everything you do in life meaningful and do not let anything get in your way from trying.

This week and especially during spring break when you are away from school, do something exciting that you have never done before. See how it makes you feel and where it takes you. Step away from your comfort zone and simply try; the worst thing that could happen is you are told no or might not succeed.  We are young; we can afford to make a mistake or fail. It is better to know than to wonder.  Make your life full of meaning and surprises; you never know what could happen.

Hi Loves! My names Audriana currently studying Marketing and Journalism at Fairfield University. I'm a Philly girl with a bubbly personality. I love anything Pink! Style icons: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen.  New York City, Iced Tea and Gossip Girl addict. Fell in love with London and traveling while abroad my fall junior semester. Follow my beauty/fashion blog www.beyondyourblowout.com and on instagram  @audrossano
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!