The Most Ridiculous Things The Presidential Candidates Have Ever Said

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Whether you pay close attention to politics or not, it’s known across the country that this year’s presidential debates and speeches have been one for the books. Yes, Donald Trump has said some ludicrous, eyebrow-raising statements recently but, other potential candidates have definitely caused their own share of “say what?” moments.

Take a look at only some of the most ridiculous statements the Presidential Candidates of 2016 have said (so far):

1. “ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because of the oil that they took away, they have some in Syria, they have some in Iraq, I would bomb the s*@% out of them”

Donald Trump told the people at the Fort Dodge, Iowa Rally on November 12th, 2015 just how far he would go to defeat the radical Sunni Muslim Organization, ISIS.

2. “You may have seen I recently launched a Snapchat account. I love it. I love it. Those messages disappear all by themselves.” 

Hillary Clinton told the people at Iowa’s annual Wing Ding dinner about her new Snapchat account. Clearly attempting to make light of her email scandal that surfaced in March 2015.

3. “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.”

Ben Carson’s response to Chuck Todd’s question of whether he thinks Islam is consistent with The Constitution was brutally honest. Carson later explained that he wouldn’t have a problem with a Muslim member of Congress if they articulate Sharia law.

3. “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not s’posedta to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?”

Donald Trump held nothing back when it came to the idea of Carly Fiorina potentially being the next president of the United States. Trumps profile in Rolling Stone magazine goes into detail about the harsh statement.

4. “She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever. In my opinion, she was off base.”

Donald Trump was clearly not happy with Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly’s questions after the first GOP debate on August 6th, 2015. Two days later, Trump corrected his statement through a personal tweet. 

5. “With a cloth or something?”

Hillary Clinton’s response when somebody asked her if she wiped her email server before she turned it over to investigators. Oh boy.

6. “I’ve got my big boy pants on.”

Jeb Bush had very interesting word choices when he spoke about his ability to take criticism maturely. Many were not sure how to react when the childish phrase came out of his mouth.

7. “If we don’t have opening and closing statements, CNBC can go f*%$ themselves.”

Rand Paul expressed his brutally honest opinions about CNBC’s proposal to the Republican presidential debate.

If you’re one of the people who don’t pay close attention to politics, these quotes probably made you want to start. It’s not all boring stuff, people!

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.