Meet Stephen Murphy ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Meet Junior Stephen Murphy, although this sociable cutie doesn’t need much of an introduction since he’s already well known throughout campus. Stephen’s outgoing personality can easily make any Fairfield girl smile especially when combined with his fun attitude. He is friendly, easy to talk to, and knows how to have a good time. 

Name: Stephen MurphyYear: 2015Major: FinanceHometown: Yonkers, NY

Fast Facts:Favorite Song: Fleetwood Mac, LandslideFavorite Movie: Lion KingFavorite Late Night Snack: Vanilla MilkshakeCeleb Crush: Blake LivelyHobbies: Basketball, mini trampoline jumping in my living room and listening to music (Stephen’s roommate since freshman year, Sean Lynch, chimed in that “Murph” is playing music 24/7)

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?Stephen Murphy: Intramural sports and the Finance Club.

HC: What is your most unforgettable Fairfield memory thus far?SM: This is definitely a hard question, but sophomore year Clam Jam was the best because my jaw was wired shut all spring semester and I had it un-wired the day before Clam Jam! 

HC: When are you the happiest?SM: I’m happy most of the time but I am happiest when I am with all of my friends. 

HC: What are some things you can’t live without?SM: Friends, family, sports and music…and Bob Saget. 

HC: If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?SM: A cheetah because when I was younger I always wanted to be one, and they’re the fastest animal. 

HC: What is something people don’t know about you?SM: I played the bells in grammar school and I was the lead actor in my 8th grade play “Leader of the Pack.”

HC: What are some qualities you look for in a girl?SM: Outgoing, funny girls with a nice smile and nice eyes.

HC: What is your best pick up line?SM: “Take a selfie with me!” 

Catie is a business student studying both Finance and Management at Fairfield University. She is an outgoing & energetic Jersey girl who tries to have a positive attitude and bring out the fun in any situation. Catie loves sports, beach days and is very passionate about baking. Follow her on Instagram @catiedolan & Twitter @cdolann ! 
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!