Meet Nolan Schmidlein ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

For all you avid Grey’s Anatomy watchers, we might have found Fairfield’s very own McDreamy. That’s right, this week’s campus cutie is following in our beloved Dr. Shepherd’s footsteps and is studying to become a doctor. Aside from his aspirations, I don’t think I’ve ever met a guy as sweet and well-mannered as Nolan Schmidlein. If you are looking to be swept off your feet, read more below and get to know this handsome guy!

Name: Nolan SchmidleinYear: 2015Major: Biology/Pre-MedHometown: Waltham, MassachusettsFun Fact: “I have two brothers and two sisters, and they’re all awesome!”

Her Campus: Which famous person would you like to be for a day?

Nolan Schmidlein: Leonardo DiCaprio

HC: Whom would you want to be stranded on an island with?

NS: Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to watch on a lazy Sunday?

NS: ‘Gotta watch my New England Patriots.

HC: If you could be an extra in any movie, what would it be?

NS: I would love to make an appearance in the upcoming Entourage movie.

HC: Would you rather have the superpower to fly or read minds?

NS: I’ve always wanted to fly since I was a little kid, so definitely flying.

HC: Have you heard Taylor Swift’s new album 1989?

NS: I’ve only heard a few songs. I’m still caught up in the “Speak Now” and “Fearless” days. You know, the throwback T. Swift.

HC: [Laughs] What’s your favorite song from her old albums?

NS: “Tim McGraw.”

HC: How would you describe a perfect date?

NS: A candlelit dinner right on the beach, overlooking the sun as it sets.

HC: How romantic!

HC: What was your favorite game to play when you were younger?

NS: Mini-hockey.

HC: You come across a genie and he offers you three wishes, what would they be?

NS: I get three wishes, hmmm… so number three is for more wishes. Number two is for a personal chef. Number one is to start college all over again, just go right back to freshman year.

HC: If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be?

NS: I’d love a pet monkey.

HC: Like a spider monkey?

NS: Yea, exactly. The little guy would sit right on my shoulder!

HC: You get to take your celeb crush out on a date, where would you take her?

NS: Night out on the town in NYC.

Follow Amy on Twitter!

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!