Meet Matt Turner ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

You will find yourself instantly blushing with this cutie’s sweet smile and charming, easy-going personality. Read on to see why his infectious sense of humor and kind-hearted responses will leave a lingering smile.

Name: Matt TurnerYear: 2017Major: Math / Pre-MedicineHometown: Boston, MassachusettsRelationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Her Campus: Let’s start off with the questions that all girls love to know the answers to. Do you believe in love at first sight?Matt Turner: Yes, I think that when you meet “the one” you just kind of know.

HC: What are three qualities you look for in a girl?MT: I like a girl who is motivated, funny, and family-oriented. But the first thing that I usually notice about a girl is her smile or laugh, whichever comes first.

HC: Do you have a favorite pick up line?MT: Ok, here’s the thing with pick up lines. First, you have to have the courage to go up to a girl and then you have to walk the line between being friendly, but not creepy. Pick up lines are corny but you can always go for a classic like, “Are you from Tennessee, because you’re the only ten-I-see.”

HC: What makes you smile?MT: (laughs) This is a hard one, I’ll have to think about it. But there is nothing like those first few awkward seconds of eye contact you make with the girl you really like. You can’t help but give a shy smile.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?MT: (Grins) There is nothing like a good fall down the Barone stairs.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?MT: I’ll let you know when I find them.

HC: So it seems as if you are always busy, what are you involved in on campus?MT: I’m a Tour Ambassador and I’m involved in IRHA, RCC, Future Health Professionals, Health Professions Program, Peer Conduct Board, and Your Mom Does Improv. I like IRHA and giving tours the most. First off, IRHA has such a great E-Board this year and being a tour ambassador is fun when I get to show the perspective students around the school while answering their funny questions.

HC: So you said you were a math major, pre-medicine. What would you consider to be your dream job?MT: My dream job is to become a pediatric surgeon. I had chest surgery when I was really young so I know what it is like to be in the hospital as a child patient. Now, I want to be on the other side, having the opposite role in similar situations so that I will be able to help children.  

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?MT: I’ve always wanted to go to India, I don’t know why, I just do. It’s one of those places where the culture is totally different from ours. I also would love to backpack around Europe!

HC: What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?MT: To visit all seven continents. I’ve already been to the Australia, South Africa, and the United States, obviously. I have four more to go.

FUN FACTS:HC: What is your favorite clothing store to shop at?MT: My answer is going to be like that of the typical Fairfield student – Vineyeard Vines, JCrew, Polo and Sperry.

HC: Was Fairfield U your top choice?MT: Yes, but I almost went to school in Australia. University of Sydney was my second choice.

HC: If you could pick any celebrity to play you in a movie, whom would you choose?MT: Leonardo DiCaprio, is that even a question?

Hi, I'm Christina! I am currently a junior here at Fairfield University majoring in Communications and minoring in Marketing. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus Fairfield team, and I look forward to writing articles for the News and Blog sections. Always follow your dreams and do what you love!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!