Meet Colleges Against Cancer President Christine Agnell ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It was so awesome getting to interview the President of one the most incredible clubs at Fairfield, Christine Agnell. Colleges Against Cancer is preparing for the Making Strides Against Breast Caner Walk in Westport this month, and has a lot more to look forward too for the rest of the semester. Read on to find out how you can get involved!  

Name: Christine AgnellMajor(s): Communication/ EconomicsYear: 2016Hometown: Mattituck, NY

Her Campus: Could you give a brief overview/description of what Fairfield’s CAC Club is?Christine Agnell: Colleges Against Cancer is a club that works with the American Cancer Society to fundraise and raise awareness for different types of cancer. 

HC: What events does the club have planned for the rest of the semester?CA: October is breast cancer awareness month and CAC will be participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Westport on Sunday, October 19. If anyone is interested you can just Google the event and sign up for the Fairfield CAC team! We will also be selling breast cancer t-shirts in October with the slogan “The Breast is Yet to Come,” which are looking super cute! 

HC: Are you hosting any other events?CA: November is Lung Cancer Awareness month and the American Cancer Society holds a nation wide “Great American Smokeout,” aiming to eradicate smoking. We will be having an event to help support that, and are thinking of doing a toy drive for pediatric cancer patients in December for the holidays!

HC: What are some previous events that the club has done in the past?CA: In the past we have done similar monthly events as well as participating in Relay for Life annually. In the past few years our Relay team has done really well and we hope to keep the tradition going this year! 

HC: For those who are not in CAC, what can they do to get  involved?CA: We have bi-weekly meetings on Mondays at 7:30 in BNW335 so stop in and see us! You can also follow us on twitter @CACFU and like us on Facebook to get updates! 

HC: Lastly, do you have anything else that you would like to tell Her Campus readers about CAC?CA: CAC is a really great club for a really great cause and requires very little commitment from members, we really just want to get a lot of people involved and make this a great year so don’t be afraid to come and get involved! 

I dream of eating waffles with Amy Poehler and climbing to the top of Corporate America specifically in the fashion industry. Amy P hasn't responded to my emails, so in the meantime, I'm your typical college student who is majoring in Accounting. I'm a self-proclaimed Diet Coke and Twitter addict and I will never go a day without them. I hate the gym so don't look for me there. Finally, follow me on Twitter @gabbyycapello or Instagram @gabbycapello!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!