Meet Campus Cuties: Nick Sciortino ‘20 and Danny Vignola ‘20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This week’s campus cuties are Fairfield freshmen and the newest members of the Club Baseball team! They are absolutely adorable, athletic and the very first pair of Campus Cuties from the Class of 2020. Did I mention formal season is approaching soon and these cuties just might need a date… meet Nick and Danny!

Major Nick: Business Undecided
Danny: Finance
Year: 2020

Relationship Status Nick: Single and ready to mingle.
Danny: You took my line Nick. But yes single…actually we have a bromance. 
Team: Club Baseball

HC: Where are you from?
Nick:
Long Island
Danny: Long Island

HC: How did you guys meet?
Nick:
We met back at home when I tried out for basketball in the fifth grade. 
Danny: I scouted him, I told the coach he could play.

HC: How would you describe each other?
Nick:
Danny is my better half.
Danny: Nick is just a social butterfly.

HC: How would you describe freshman year so far? Is it anything like you expected it to be?
Nick:
It’s great, I came from an all-guys high school so this is a lot of fun.
Danny: Your head must be spinning with all the girls here.
Nick: *Smiles* Yeah, I love it here.

HC: What has been the most difficult adjustment that came along with starting school at Fairfield?
Nick:
Doing work. I always try to hang out with someone instead of doing work.
Danny: Concentrating. We have FOMO. He tried asking me to hang out today and I said no.

HC: What made you want to be apart of the Club Baseball team at Fairfield?
Nick:
Well we met Gaetano (former Campus Cutie, Sesame Street star, and current Club Baseball team member) in class and we were trying to figure out groups for class so Danny and I just started talking to him.
Danny: I was in his group, he told me to try out, and here we are.

HC: When did you first start playing baseball and what position do you play?
Nick:
I’ve been playing ever since I could walk. I play centerfield.
Danny: I’ve been playing since I was five years old. I pitch.

HC: How was initiation for the team? I heard you guys barely survived it.
Nick:
I died.
Danny: Nick became best friends with the toilet bowl that night. I was there right by his side with pretzels and water. *Awww*
Nick: It was great though, we all bonded.
Danny: We even made it out to the townhouses after waking up from a six-hour nap after initiation.

HC: Best and worst part about Fairfield so far?
Nick:
Best part is going out, definitely the nightlife. Worst part is the work.
Danny: Townhouses and beach houses are the best. Definitely the work is the worst.

HC: If you could have one wish what would it be and why?
Nick:
I would wish for a date with Carrie Underwood.
Danny: I would wish to take Trump and Hillary out to dinner for an evening and make them just get along for once.

HC: You’ve been at Fairfield long enough now to know the “Stagmate” statistic. What are your thoughts on it? Do you think you’ll meet your perfect girl here at Fairfield within the next four years?
Nick:
Wait, I actually didn’t know that. I definitely will not be proposing anytime soon, but after college I’m open to it.
Danny: Definitely not knocking it, four years is a long time to find that perfect girl.

HC: What sets a girl apart and makes her one that you would actually want to date compared to one that you would just want to hook up with?
Nick:
Personality is key; I love a girl who can hang with the guys. That would set her apart as someone I would want to date. She has to be able to make me laugh, not too much makeup either.
Danny: First of all, if I’m going to hook up with you at all there has to be a physical attraction. But she has to have a good sense of humor, and she would have to make me laugh to set her apart. Also, easy to talk to; I can’t be providing the topic of conversation all the time.

HC: What is the nicest thing you have ever done for a girl?
Nick:
In fourth grade this girl was getting bullied by other girls for the way she looked so in front of all the other girls I asked her out to cheer her up. The other girls walked away from her after they heard that.
Danny: In sixth grade my sister won tickets to see Justin Bieber. He came to my sister’s friend’s house to sign autographs. I was there and had no idea who Bieber was, but I got his autograph anyway. The next day at school I was auctioning off the poster to give away, but there was this girl Alexa that I really liked and she was a huge fan so I just gave it to her. I basically could have sold that for a lot of money now and I pretty much just gave away my life savings to this girl. She’s been obsessed with me ever since and I don’t regret it one bit.

HC: So what does a girl have to do to be your club baseball formal date this year?
Nick:
She has to just come up to us out of nowhere, say hi, and throw her number our way.
Danny: Just come up and say hi, don’t be shy. I get my rhymes from Gaetano by the way.

There you have it ladies! Be sure to follow this week’s Campus Cuties on Instagram!

Nick: @nick_sciortino11                   Danny: @dannyvigs46

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant