Meet Campus Cuties: Cameron Somers and Derek Conlon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This week’s campus cuties are none other than Cameron Somers and Derek Conlon! These sophomores are known for their fun loving outlook and ability to make any situation more enjoyable – the perfect candidates for Fairfield University’s campus cuties!

HC: Major?

C: Finance

D: Finance

HC: Hometown?

C: Dutchess County, NY

D: Bronx, NY

HC: Relationship status?

C: Single as a… I don’t even know something very single.

D: It’s complicated, just kidding single!

HC: What’s the worst and best part about going to Fairfield University?

C: The best part about going to Fairfield is the beautiful women.

D: And the activities… and the academics.

C&D: The worst part is definitely waking up for early classes – we both need the loudest alarm possible.

HC: What is the most interesting dispute you two have gotten into?

D: I threw a sandwich at one of his posters once – Cam was furious.

HC: Why did you do that?!

D: It didn’t’t match the room!

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

C: Humble, caring, and humorous.

D: Motivated, loving, and kind.

HC: Describe each other in three words.

C: Handsome, cocky, opinionated.

D: Handsome, rich, takes care of his mother.

HC: What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve seen the other do?

C: You missed the toilet peeing once.

D: Are you serious?

C: YES.

D: Well he once fell off of a scooter in the middle of the quad. It’s not even the falling off of the scooter that’s embarrassing, it’s the fact that he was riding one!

HC: What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for a girl?

C: Got a girl chicken nuggets when she was too lazy to get out of bed.

D: Took a girl on vacation to Florida because she needed to get away.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

C: Talk show host – the late, late show, yeah – Cam and the late, late show – like Steven Colbert. I like the sound of that. Oh and living in LA with four beautiful kids and a beautiful wife.

D: Having my own company, with good benefits and good pay. I’ll be living in LA too with Cam – but I’ll be a bachelor. I’ll be a dope uncle though, the one they always go to for help and money.

HC: What are you looking forward to most about this year?

C: Making long lasting memories with my dear friends – no that’s too soft – Clam Jam.

D: Working on internship opportunities.

C: You’re so boring.

Tracey O'Donnell

Fairfield '19

Hi guys! I'm Tracey O'Donnell - a senior at Fairfield University and the creative director for our team! I love the sense of community Her Campus represents and strive to make it all the more welcoming for new members. Feel free to reach out to me at any time! 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com