Meet Campus Cuties: Ben Nelligan and Chris Capparis 19’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Year: 2019

Major:
Ben: Bioengineering
Chris: English-Professional Writing

Hometown:
Ben: Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Chris: Chatham, New Jersey

Relationship Status:
Ben: In a relationship. 
Chris: Single…ready to mingle.

HC: What are you involved with here at Fairfield?
Ben: Swimming and Diving.
Chris: Swim Team.

HC: What was your first impression of each other?
Ben: I thought this kid dyed his hair with highlights.
Chris: I thought he looked like prince charming, actually a clown with his hair.

HC: Any perks of being on the swim team?
Ben: Having to wake up and swim everyday.
Chris: Early worm gets the bird.
Ben: Early BIRD… and you’re an English major?
Chris: Right early bird gets the worm.
Chris: Getting to hang with Nelligan everyday.

HC: Ben, I heard you have the best hair flow on campus, any thoughts on that?
Ben: No comment…actually Devin Carnevale cut his because mine was better.
Chris: Absolutely not true.

HC: Chris, what made you decide to major in English? Are people surprised by this when you tell them?
Chris: I just wasn’t passionate about marketing and I’ve always liked to write. I constantly get made fun of for it though and get asked what I’m going to do with an English degree.

HC: What is your best feature?
Ben: My loving personality.
Chris: My hair.
Ben: He always checks it out in his Snapchats before sending them.

HC: If you could be anyone in the world who would it be and why?
Ben: Dan Bilzerian, the professional poker player, because he enjoys the finer things in life.
Chris: Probably Will Carlin because he is doing freshman year better than anyone I have ever seen.

HC: Describe your ideal girl and do you think you will find her somewhere here at Fairfield?
Chris: Athletic, smart, has to be able to hold a conversation. I hope she is at Fairfield but we will find out in the next few years.

HC: What are you going to miss most about Fairfield while you are home this summer?
Ben: Communal bathrooms, definitely shower parties with the guys.
Chris: Definitely the parties and the girls. (The women’s soccer team)

HC: What are you looking forward to next semester?
Ben: Core classes.
Chris: Attending women’s soccer games, and living it up with Nelligan. Actually trying out for the golf team.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant