Meet Brendan O’Malley ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With Spring Break right around the corner, I can’t think of a better cutie to leave you with than Brendan O’Malley. He’s not only easy on the eyes but also quite charming. Brendan is soon-to-be captain of the Stags Men’s Hockey team and is extremely close with his teammates, a few of them even sat in on our interview. It was fun interviewing him to the say the least. Read on to learn more about this week’s campus cutie!

Name: Brendan O’MalleyHometown: Norwood, MAYear: 2015Major: AccountingRelationship Status: Taken

Fast FactsFavorite iPhone App: SnapchatGo-to cologne: Polo Blue

Her Campus: First off, congratulations on just being voted captain of the Stags Men’s Hockey team!Brendan O’Malley: Thank you. I’m really excited about it.

HC: How do you feel about the team?BO: I love my teammates, we are family. We just won the league championship and next year we plan on going to nationals. We are going to miss our seniors but we are looking forward to next year.

HC: So you and your best friends formed a band. What’s the name of it and what type of music do you play?BO: The Dead Ghosts and we play everything but mostly classic rock like Tom Petty.

HC: What instrument do you play?BO: The drums.

HC: Your nickname is “Hammer,” can you tell us where that comes from?BO: When we made the band we were all making nicknames for each other and Luke Parros named me “Hammer”.

HC: You’re auditioning for American Idol, what song would you sing?BO: What is Love” by Haddaway (Laughs)HC: (Laughs) Great song choice!BO: No but probably “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC

HC: TH 87 is throwing a party and you get to invite any famous person you want. Who would you choose and why?BO: Charlie Hunnam, but as Jax Teller because Sons of Anarchy.

HC: Your room is covered in Sons of Anarchy posters. Clearly you’re a big fan of the show, can you tell us about this obsession?BO: (Laughs) I started watching the show on Netflix. My dad and I ride motorcycles together so it was really cool to see a real gang on a TV show.

HC: Would you rather travel to the past or to the future?BO: Past – Way back because I feel like I am a 70’s child.

HC: If you could have any superpower what would it be?BO: Flying.

HC: Are you heading anywhere fun for Spring Break?BO: Pat Gill, Vin Rella, Chris Joyce, Brian O’Loughlin, and I are going to an all-star hockey game in Pennsylvania. The league we play in scouts all season for the best players. Then they make one team that goes to Pennsylvania to play all-stars from all the other leagues.

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!