Meet Brendan Murphy ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Brendan Murphy is the perfect Campus Cutie. He’s sweet, funny, and a total go-getter. His smile and great personality will have you laughing only seconds after meeting him. Read below to find out more about this fun Cape Cod native and his experiences at Fairfield!

Name: Brendan MurphyYear: 2016Major: International StudiesHometown: West Dennis, MassachusettsRelationship Status: Single

Her Campus: Okay, so what is your dream job?Brendan Murphy: Dream job, um, some sort of diplomatic position. I’d love to work for the FBI or CIA.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?BM:  Something most people don’t know about me is that I live in a Spanish-speaking household. My Mom is Argentinean and my Dad is Irish. My grandma lives with us so my mom and her always speak to each other in Spanish.

HC: What is your craziest Fairfield memory so far?BM: My craziest memory would have to be having 100 people in my townhouse this year!

HC: What do you love about Fairfield University?BM: I love the community. The people here seem very genuine. I met a great group of friends freshman year and I’m roommates with them now. I don’t think that happens everywhere.

HC: What is your best advice to other FU students?BM: Go out and meet new people. Find a balance between studying and social life and get involved.

HC: I have to ask, what do you look for in a girl?BM: I look for a girl who is easy to make laugh. Someone who makes me laugh and is genuine, slightly reserved, but can cut loose!

HC: How do you feel about pumpkin spice lattes?BM: Honest answer is I’ve never had one. But according to every girl on campus they’re a gift from God!

Fast Facts:HC: Fave song?BC: I should have studied for this! I’d have to say “American Kids.”

HC: Favorite movie?BM: Lawless with Tom Hardy

HC: Late night snack?BM: Macaroni and cheese with hot dogs!

HC:  Celeb crush?BM: Brooklyn Decker

HC: What’s your best pick up line?BM: Haha! I don’t know they are all dirty. 

Megan is a Fairfield University senior majoring in English and journalism from Long Island, New York. She is the Fashion Director and a devoted writer for Her Campus Fairfield as well as a part-time Editorial Web Intern at Cosmopolitan.com in New York City. Some of Megan's favorite things are the beach, Spotify playlists, Harry Potter and Instagram. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram! 
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!