Make-up Essentials: Spring Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Attention collegiettes: FACES Beautiful has everything you will need to survive your spring break extravaganza! We sat down and asked Gail Sagel, makeup artist and creator of FACES Beautiful, everything you need to know. 

Her Campus: What kind of makeup is perfect for all of our spring break activities that will keep our skin gorgeous and bronzed?  Gail Sagel: The Mineral Sheer Tint and BB Cream are perfect to pull your skin tones together after a long day of tanning! They both will protect with SPF, and moisturize for day and night.  These lightweight tinted moisturizers are perfect for over your sun-kissed skin.  

HC: And, how do you get that sun-glow look?GS: It’s in a little tube, called Candle Glow. It’s a sheer liquid that you can apply anywhere from your cheeks to all over your legs for a gorgeous, healthy radiance. And it doesn’t come off on your sheets ladies, so it will be our little secret.  

HC: We’re also not going anywhere without our black eye pencil and mascara! GS: A nice black eyeliner and good mascara cannot be forgotten even when you’re traveling. The Superwear Gel Liner and Lush Mascara is essential to transform a beachy day look to a gorgeous look for a night out on the town (or island). To make your eyes pop to their max, pair your eye liner and mascara with light shimmery eye shadows like this Provocative Shadow or Blush Nude. It’s a total must! And to finish off your total spring break look, add some flirty Barely Pink Lip gloss for a pop of color because you know every girl loves her lip gloss!

FACES Beautiful has got you covered ladies on your make-up survival kit for Spring Break 2k15! Take them with you to whatever island you will be partying on! 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!