absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

MAAC Record for Fairfield University’s Volleyball Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

There’s nothing better than seeing our athletic ladies kill it on the field, court, or track, especially for this fall 2019 season! Our Women’s Volleyball Team (8-4) is a force to be reckoned with on the court during this season. Most recently, from September 13th-14th, our team took home three wins at the Sacred Heart University Invitational. The team had nothing but wins from games against Northeastern University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, and Sacred Heart University. The Sacred Heart Invitational set the scene for our Stags’ current MAAC Record!  

On their 6th consecutive win for the season, Fairfield’s Volleyball Team just won a game against Quinnipiac University on September 28th, making them 3-0 in the MAAC after previously winning against Siena College and Marist College earlier in the month. As the fall season approaches, the Women’s Volleyball Team’s schedule will pick up with more games, so be sure to catch our lady Stags in ~action~ sometime this fall season! The team will be playing Iona, Manhattan, and St. Peter’s very soon, so make it a point to wish the ladies good luck. 

Next up, we can catch our Volleyball Team go at it again for another MAAC game this Saturday, October 5th, at 1:00 pm in Alumni Hall for their game against Manhattan College. The Stags are home for the weekend, so let’s get the fan section pumped up for our ladies! Let’s go, Stags! 

Olivia Mahoney

Fairfield '23

Olivia is from Massachusetts and a marketing and management major at Fairfield University. She is the Relationship & Dating Editor for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter and also participates as a Writer.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.