Liv’s Experience: College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s been two weeks and I am still on a fashion high from last Saturday’s Her Campus Fashion Show. It was a night filled with awesome style, lots of freebies, great music, loads of pictures, and most importantly empowerment. As I mentioned in my previous post, on my blog, http://www.livforstyle.net, all four of the fashion shows featured creative entrepreneur designers, including My Social Canvas, Foray, Ali & Ariel, Frill Clothing, and Bow & Drape. I loved watching the models strut on the runway, featuring the amazing designs from the four designers. I was so impressed with the fashion and I was so happy I got the chance to support these designers because I have a feeling they are going to make a statement in the fashion world very soon. Although, the fashion show was the highlight of my New York City trip, it was not the only thing I experienced. I didn’t get back to campus until around 3 A.M, so that means I have more to share. Keep on reading for even more about my experience at Her Campus College Fashion Week in New York City. I could not have survived this trip without my best friend, Lauren Murphy, a senior at Fairfield University and who herself is a fashionista and the girl behind the lens when it comes to the photos on LivForStyle. Lauren and I killed it in the city, like we always do. It’s never a dull moment when the two of us are together, so I am so happy she was able to experience this night with me. We both dressed to impressed and after looking at the photos, I think we totally nailed it.

For my look, I was channeling my inner Kim K with a tight pencil skirt and body suit. Since it was a nighttime event, I chose dark colors and pops of sparkle. My H&M pencil skirt had just the right amount of glam, especially with that slit down the side. My new obsession this season is bodysuits, they are so easy to wear and style. I kept it simple with a black body suit from Forever 21. Since it was low cut, I wanted to accessorize to the max. I love my choker and necklace set from Apricot Lane, along with my silver coin earrings also from Apricot Lane. Finally, a big shout out to my amazing roommate Mckenzi Yusko for letting me borrow her black platform heels from H&M. They totally completed my nighttime look. As for Lauren, she always dresses to the nines. For the fashion show, she wore a velvet maxi dress from Zara and paired it with a denim jacket from Brandy Melville. Throughout the night, she wore her denim jacket draped across her shoulders for an effortlessly chic look. As for accessories, she of course wore her favorite choker from Brandy Melville and her oh so sexy strappy black heels by Steve Madden. It’s safe to say that my best friend has style.

Of course, the train ride to the city felt like it took forever. But when we finally arrived at the venue, it was show time. But, before the shows started we had the chance to check out all the fun tables scattered around the venue. These included some great sponsors and their wonderful products. The list included European Wax Center, Insomnia Cookies, Bertha Watches, Sparkling Ice, Boxed Water, and more. The night consisted of four shows. The themes included Rush, Festival, Study Chic, and Girl’s Night Out. Naturally, the Girl’s Night Out show was my favorite because it featured lots of leather and knee high boots, which are such fall and winter staples. I really enjoyed that after each show, the audience was given about 15 minutes to mingle and network with other attendees. I made some great new contacts. All the models rocked every look. They were all so fierce and their smiles were contagious, leaving everyone in the audience in absolute wonder and awe. I can’t wait to go shopping because the models totally inspired me to try some new looks this season.

When the last show wrapped up, Lauren and I were both sad. We said our final good-byes to the friends we made, collected our stuff, and headed back to the subway. Our melancholy quickly evaporated when we took a peak inside our exclusive goodie bag from the show. To my surprise, the goodie bag was filled with awesome gifts. Inside I found a FitBit, Vince Camuto perfume, a Rebecca Minkoff clutch, a bunch of Maidenform items, a free service at the DryBar, Essie nail polish, the latest issue of People Style Watch magazine, Kind bars, and so much more. When we hopped off the subway, our tummies were growling and we knew we wanted our night in the city to continue. After stopping at a local pub and having a much needed glass of wine, we talked for hours about the show and our goodie bags. Lauren and I had so much fun that when we finally looked at the time it was almost 1:30 A.M and quickly ran to Grand Central Station to catch the last train.

When we got back to campus around 3 A.M we couldn’t keep our eyes open. You know it’s been a great night in the city when your eyes can’t stay open, your body aches, your feet hurt, and your makeup is smudged. Lauren and I both agree that Saturday night was a night to remember. Lots of fashion, lots of laughs, lots of mingling, and lots of dancing, no wonder why we are still catching up on our sleep. Thanks to Her Campus for sponsoring such an amazing event, and thanks Lauren for being my partner in fashion. For more style inspiration, the 411 in fashion, beauty tips, and my crazy adventures head to my blog, www.livforstyle.net and don’t forget to check out my Instagram @livforstyle.

This post is sponsored by Her Campus Media and its College Fashion Week brand partners. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make LivForStyle possible!

SaveSave

Hello everyone, Liv here! I graduated from Fairfield in May 2017 with a degree in Communication and Digital Journalism. Now, I am working full time with a social media company in New York City. When I am not in the office, I am busy running my very own fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog: livforstyle.net. I am very active with my blog and still active with the Her Campus community, offering my post graduate advice whenever it's needed.  Keep up to date with all my crazy adventures on my blog and Instagram account (@livforstyle). Stay fabulous everyone   
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.