Lilly Pulitzer’s Target Collection: A Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

When the word got out that Lilly Pulitzer was teaming up with Target to create a collection, there were many mixed feelings. Some Lilly lovers were displeased at the fact that Target shoppers would be able to buy Lilly Pulitzer clothes, shoes, and accessories for a much cheaper price. However, last week when Target released the look book for the collaboration, opinions changed.

After this harsh winter, some fresh and bright Lilly prints couldn’t be more desirable. The 250+ items in the collection range from $2 to $250, with most items under $30. The collection consists of a wide assortment of pieces, from classic shift dresses, bathing suits, housewares, beach chairs, and even a hammock! This designer collaboration will go on sale at your local Target on April 19th, 2015. Be sure to get there as soon as possible collegiettes, as I’m sure all the items will sell out quickly.

I have already decided I need everything from the look book, and I will be camping out in front of Target before it opens on the 19th. In the meantime, here are some highlights from the look book online:

Crochet Top-White $32, Palazzo Pant- Giraffeeey $28, Seahorse Necklace- Gold $24, Wedge Espadrille Sandals- Gold $36

Crochet Tank Top- White $32, Scarf with Fringe- Upstream $20, Challis Pom Pom Shorts- Upstream $24, Espadrilles- Upstream $24

Ceramic Mugs with Gold Caddy- Set of 4 $30 Hammock- Nosie Posey $150

Take a peek at the full look book here.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.