Kiss Me, I’m Not Irish

March 17th—it’s just an ordinary day. You wake up, get ready for class and go through your typical routine. Next thing you know your roommate, dressed head to toe in some entirely green getup, is shoving an Irish Car Bomb in your face. Well maybe not exactly, but you get the point; it’s St. Patrick’s Day!

As a Jesuit university in the northeast, a majority of the people at Fairfield are some percent Irish. But for those of us collegiettes who aren’t (Greek and Swedish over here), we face a number of struggles when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around.  

1. Unintentionally wearing something green because you weren’t paying attention to the date.

2. But not getting to wear those adorable “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” shirts.

3. Never understanding why anyone would build a leprechaun trap. All of that effort to catch an imaginary miniature guy in a top hat? No thanks, I think I’d have better luck getting struck by Cupid.

4. Calling it St. Patty’s Day instead of “Paddy” and getting the wrath of all your Irish friends.

5. To drink on a Tuesday? Or not to drink on a Tuesday?

6. In the end, we’re all Irish on St. Patrick’s Day!

*Please drink responsibly*

Karolina is a senior at Fairfield University with a major in Communications and a minor in Professional Writing. A newly appointed style editor this year, she has a passion for all things beauty and fashion. Follow her on instagram @kaphrodite!