Jessica Simpson Sold Half of Shares of $1 Billion Fashion Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We remember her as the girl who confused chicken and fish, but the former reality TV star, Jessica Simpson is bringing in $1 billion in sales annually with her Jessica Simpson Collection. Simpson’s collection includes shoes, clothes, accessories and handbags. She also has an at home line, fragrance and maternity. Her market does not stop there, she recently introduced a kids clothing line and plus size collection.

The retail brand founded in 2005, recently announced that it sold half its shares to Sequential Brands Group. The company owns huge brands such as And1, Heelys and Ellen Tracy.  The Camuto Group previously managed Simpson’s brand and she worked closely with the late designer, Vince Camuto.

Simpson’s goal was to reach out to the middle class Americans by providing a brand that every woman can afford and feel beautiful in. Simpson previously has said all her designs reflect who she is as a person. The Texas born pop star is often photographed in her collection and is the face of her brand.

“My business is the heart of who I am,” Simpson told Steve Forbes, Simpson recently spoke at Forbes Power Women Summit. Forbes interviewed Simpson in front of an audience of women who are in business to inspire them in their own business careers.

Simpson released a statement about how she will stay involved with the company “I’m as committed as I was ten years ago. Here’s to the next billion,” she said

The Jessica Simpson collection can be found online or in major department stores such as Nordstroms, Macy’s, Lord and Taylors, Dillards and Bed Bath and Beyond. The goal for the future of the brand is to expand abroad. It will be interesting to see how you can take southern style to the rest of the world.

Simpson, who is a mother of two (adorable) kids and the wife of Eric Johnson, inspires us women to strive for success and that you can reach your ambitions. The fashionista was the spokes women for 500 young women at Teen Vogues Fashion University in NYC. She taught them how to be successful in your career and everything she learned throughout her business journey.

With rumors of a new album in the works and her newest business deal, it is safe to say Jessica Simpson will be around for a while and continue to take over the business world one deal at a time.

Hi Loves! My names Audriana currently studying Marketing and Journalism at Fairfield University. I'm a Philly girl with a bubbly personality. I love anything Pink! Style icons: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen.  New York City, Iced Tea and Gossip Girl addict. Fell in love with London and traveling while abroad my fall junior semester. Follow my beauty/fashion blog www.beyondyourblowout.com and on instagram  @audrossano
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!