The James Corden Carpool Karaoke X Migos Crossover is the Best Thing on the Internet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

James Corden of the “The Late Late Show” delivered one of his best “Carpool Karaoke” segments yet and it starred musical group, Migos. Offset, Takeoff, and Quavo joined Corden on a car ride jam session where they sang along to some of their own hits like “MotorSport” and classics such as Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody.”

The car ride began with the men singing “Walk It Talk It.” As the creators of the dab, Migos also gave Corden a lesson on dabbing. “Dabbin’ is really swaggin’, dabbin’ is like look at my dab, look at my swag,” explained Quavo. “I feel slightly responsible … where I feel like I might have ruined it,” confessed Corden. “I apologize for the destruction of the dab.”

Migos later surprised the late night host with a bag that contained more than $200,000 IN CASH during their rendition of “Bad and Boujee.” “Shut up! Oh my God! No way!” Corden exclaimed, as Quavo helped him add up all the bills. “That is absolutely ridiculous. I have never ever in my life seen this much cash. This is absurd.”

As the car ride progressed, the guys made a pit stop and wanted to give Corden a makeover. Offset, Takeoff, and Quavo dressed Corden in an oversized silver jacket. “I don’t look like Migos. I look like I’m hiding Migos under a coat,” said Corden. “I feel like a recently divorced dad who’s going through a breakdown.” The trio settled on dressing Corden in a silver aviator jacket, a graphic sweater, and white joggers instead.

Eventually, Corden persuaded Migos to play their song “Walk It Talk It” on some standard classroom instruments. The group had a toy piano, a bell, and a triangle to jazz up their song. Corden and Migos played around with the instruments for a bit. However, the group was unimpressed with Corden’s suggestion.

To finish up the car ride, Migos added some of their signature ad-libs to Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline.” Once you hear them sing this remix, you will never be able to listen to the original song the same way. Migos made “Sweet Caroline” drip with swag. I don’t know about you, but I am waiting for the group to release a recorded version of it!

All in all it was just a typical day for Migos and James Corden. If you have not seen the video yet, watch it here!

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com