Iskra Lawrence Silences Body Shamers in The Most Inspiring Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

“Just remember that you’re beautiful because you are you.”

Iskra Lawrence, Instagram sensation and “plus” size model, spread the word about body image acceptance in a recent interview and women around the world are loving it.

Not only is Lawrence the managing editor for RunwayRiot, she also has a weekly video series on the fashion website, Ask Iskra. Lawrence answers all types of questions from viewers once a week and her responses are simply flawless.

In these online videos Lawrence gives her viewers inspirational advice that goes beyond physical appearance.

“You decide if you’re beautiful and you feel beautiful, because it’s actually more about who you are, not just what you look like.”

Iskra has a beautiful, witty Instagram with a following of 1.3 million people and counting. Her incredible amount of followers is definitely not surprising since she not only posts inspirational pictures, but relatable ones as well. 

Lawrence admits to having her fair share of body shamers but these “online-trolls” won’t be knocking down her radiating confidence any time soon.  

“And sorry I’m usually not rude or give anyone the finger but these online trolls smdh #iskralawrence#everyBODYisbeautiful”

Follow Iskra on Instagram: @iamiskraWatch Ask Iskra here

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant