The Inspiring Reason Everyone Is Posting Kiss Selfies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you’re like me and follow hundreds of beauty bloggers on Instagram, you’ve probably come across this new type of selfie. Instead of showing off their lipstick, they’re covering their mouths with a kiss-mark on the back of their hand. This cute trend means a lot more than, “Check out my new lipstick!”

The anti-bullying organization Bystander Revolution has partnered with Tarte Cosmetics to launch the #kissandmakeup campaign. Together, they have asked influencers and everyday instagrammers to stop bullying, ignore hateful comments, and work together towards making a change.

Tarte is encouraging people to take one of these cute pictures, tag a friend to share ~positive vibes~ and spread the word about ending cyberbullying, once and for all. This is a perfect collaboration and just the kind of positivity Instagram needs.

Take a look at some of the posts below: 

And here’s my attempt! #HCFU #Kissandmakeup 

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.