This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After months of anticipation, Taylor Swift kicked off her Eras Tour on Friday, March 17th, in Glendale, Arizona. Swifties had been speculating online about which songs she would play, what she would wear, and what her performances would look like – now, we finally have our answers.

Each show has two opening acts, followed by a performance by Swift lasting over three hours. This makes the entire concert add up to about five hours in total.

Since her last tour for her album Reputation, Swift has released four brand new albums and two re-recordings. With all this new music, you may be wondering what exactly she performed. With a total of 44 songs, Taylor’s Eras Tour features songs from nearly every album. The show starts with Lover, then switches to Fearless, Evermore, Reputation, Speak Now, Red, Folklore, and 1989.

After the 1989 set, Swift plays two surprise songs for her audience. These differ each night and have featured fan favorites such as “Mirrorball” (at Glendale night one) and “Our Song” (at Vegas night one on Friday, March 24th). Swift has said that, most likely, she will play each surprise song only once during the entire tour. Taylor ends each night with the final set: Midnights, her most recent album, from October 2022. She plays seven songs from Midnights before saying goodbye to the crowd of adoring Swifties.

The sets for newer albums like Lover, Evermore, and Folklore include several songs. Some of her older eras (which already had their own tours) have fewer songs on the setlist, with Swift performing only “Enchanted” from Speak Now. No songs from her debut album, Taylor Swift, have a permanent spot in the concert.

Even if you were unable to score tickets to a show, it’s fun to keep track of which surprise songs Taylor performs each night and to see pictures of her amazing costumes. If you’re lucky enough to have a ticket to an upcoming show, now you know what to expect!

XO Erica

Erica Schindler

Fairfield '25

Erica is a sophomore at Fairfield University majoring in Digital Journalism with a minor in Editing and Publishing. She is from Scotch Plains, New Jersey. Erica enjoys reading, cooking and baking, and binge-watching Succession.