The Importance of Taylor Swift’s Girl Squad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Whether they are covering the world’s most elite fashion magazines, creating chart topping songs, or just hanging out around LA and NYC, Taylor Swift’s girl squad has a presence in each of our lives. For those of you who are not familiar with this crew, it is comprised of women who empower confidence, sophistication, and of course, talent. Few are models, some are singers and all, are celebrities. Who wouldn’t want to be part of such a great group?

Members of this elitist society include none other than Lily Aldridge, Karlie Kloss, Selena Gomez, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Martha Hunt, Zendaya, Serena Williams, Ellie Goulding and Cara Delevigne (just to name a few). Taylor has the ability to bring people together like no other. How else would a tennis star and a supermodel become BFFs? They do everything for each other and help prove that success definitely brings people together.

Together, the squad has filmed music videos, performed and appeared at Taylor’s 1989 concerts, have walked red carpets and accepted awards at the VMA’s. Combined, they even have a net worth of over 100 million dollars from this past year alone.

When they’re not stealing the show, they’re hanging out in Taylor’s multi-million dollar NYC apartment (where a few of them currently reside). Girl’s nights are always filled with baking festivities and movies with Taylor’s cats Meredith Grey and Olivia Benson.

So what is their exact importance, you may ask? In a world where women seem to be constantly pinned up against one another, these women do the exact opposite. Instead of bringing each other down, they epitomize the importance girl power. In the public eye nowadays, there is truly no other group of friends (male or female), who support each other as much as these women do. Not only is this diverse girl squad full of powerful women from our generation, but they also inspire use all to achieve our goals. They show that #fabulousness is easily attainable and your #squad can help you conquer the world around you.

Follow Alyssa on Twitter and Instagram!

Hey ladies! I'm Alyssa Vicari, a loyal Long Islander from Fairfield's class of 2018. I am a sophomore finance major and marketing minor who loves everything about the fall and everything about coffee. When I'm not studying or writing for HC, you can probably find me at the beach, the mall, watching Netflix, or doing any other thing that #basic college girls enjoy. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @alyssavicari !
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.