I Wore Sweats / No Makeup for 3 Days in a Row and this is What Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As the girl who is always “dressed up” to go to class, it was definitely a change for me to be the girl with ~sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no makeup on~in my classes for the first half of this week. Dressing nice makes me feel more confident about myself and more put together, which is why I choose to put some makeup on and wear jeans and a nice top on the reg.

Since my friends are not used to me dressing down, lots of them were asking me if I was sick or tired. It made me feel more self-conscious and want to change into my favorite jeans and riding boots combo. When I was trying to study in the library on Monday night, I felt tired early into my studying because I felt as comfortable as I do when I’m finishing up some work before bed.

For my math quiz on Tuesday, I was not in my highest spirits. On the other hand, though, my face felt cleaner without makeup residue all over my hands while sitting bored in class and leaning my fist on my cheek. I also did not have to worry about my mascara smearing off as my eyes watered from getting sleepy during my night turbo. It was also easier to get myself to go to the gym because I did not have the excuse that my makeup was all done and I would have to ruin it to go workout.

I learned that what you wear to class all comes down to preference- it was more comfortable in a physical manner to wear sweats, but not mentally. I always tell myself, “you never know who you will run into today” and that also motivates me to dress up. I think dressing up reflects a good image of yourself to your professors as well as your peers, whether or not they realize this upfront or it subliminally enters their minds. It is definitely possible to incorporate style into a simple, comfortable outfit. I personally would still prefer dressing up for class, although I do think it is nice to sometimes dress down and be physically comfortable as well. I think on my dress down days, I’ll just stick to leggings!

I am from Long Island, New York. I currently attend Fairfield University and I am pursuing a major in Finance and minors in Mathematics and Economics. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com