Tired of getting ready to put on your face of makeup for the day, reaching for your makeup bag,
and seeing that your mascara is all dried out? Us too… Here are three simple tips that you can use
to prolong the life of your mascara.

1. CLOSE IT TIGHT
    The last thing you think about when you’re in a rush to get out the door is to close your mascara
    tightly. However, making sure your mascara is closed all the way will help prevent your mascara
    from getting all dried out, and unable to use.
  2. ADD CONTACT SOLUTION
    Adding a couple of drops of contact or saline solution to your tube of mascara can help turn the
    dried out mascara into a smooth mixture once again. This is a perfectly safe way for you to
    revive your mascara and be able to get more use out of the product.
  3. PUT IT IN HOT WATER
    Put your tightly closed tube of mascara in a glass of hot water for 2-3 minutes. By doing this,
    your mascara will declump and turn into a smooth mixture again—perfectly ready for
    application.
    We all know how expensive mascaras can be and know how frustrating it is to see a perfectly
    good mascara dry out after having it for only a month or two. Use these tips to make your
    mascara last longer and to help you save money as well as time.
Emma Callow

Fairfield '25

Hi! My name is Emma Callow and I am a communication major with minors in marketing and graphic design. I am from Long Island, New York. In my free time I love to shop and spend time at the beach.