This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

While Halloween festivities have sadly come to an end, there is so much to look forward to in anticipation of the approaching holiday season. Before we fill our dorm rooms with lights and Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You”, we’ll soon be returning home to fill ourselves with turkey and mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. For many college students, this may also be the first chance we’ll have to see some of our closest friends from home since we parted this past summer. There’s no better way to bring your squad back together than with a classic Friendsgiving.

Just like every friend group is different, such is true for every group’s ideal Friendsgiving. Although much of these ideas are up for interpretation, as long as all of your friends are together, you can’t go wrong! Here’s some tips on how to host an amazing Friendsgiving:

1. Food, Food, and More Food

Whether you stick with the classic turkey and stuffing, or opt for a pizza or takeout from your favorite restaurant instead, eat like there’s no tomorrow. You’re more than justified to ~treat yourself~ after months of sad dining hall dinners. So don’t feel bad for that extra gravy or second slice of pizza, just make sure you save room for desert!

2. The Perfect Playlist

No social gathering’s complete without the perfect soundtrack behind it. Que up some of your favorite songs, and make sure to add in any that make you think of your friends back home. Try to keep it playing until that friend fights for the aux again.

3. Phones In The Middle

After so much time apart, there’s nothing worse than that friend who can’t keep their eyes off their phones. A few snapchat stories or a brief Instagram photoshoot can be excused, but after that, put all your phones in the middle of table. Focus on the people in front of you, not the ones on your screens.

4. Story Time

With nearly three months worth of college stories, you and your friends will have much to discuss. Go around the table and let everybody share their best and craziest stories from this semester so far. Spill out all the details that texts could’ve never done justice.

5. Reminisce

Whenever my best friends and I finally reunite, we cannot help but reminisce like crazy. Talking about all of our favorite and funniest moments together immediately brings me back to those times. Just one “remember that time…” will have you guys talking and laughing for hours.

6. Say “Thanks”

Friends may come and go, but the best friends will stick around through whatever. Going your separate ways for college is undoubtedly one of the toughest tests of friendships. Long distance friendships take effort, and whoever continues to put in that effort regardless of the difficulty deserves endless thanks. There’s no better time to show that appreciation than Friendsgiving.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com