This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

So you’ve applied your eye shadow and you’re ready to apply liquid eyeliner. Don’t panic- my biggest tip for liquid eyeliner is to practice until you achieve the look you are aiming for. Here is my easy step-by-step process. 

One of my favorite eyeliners is Kat Von D’s Ink Liner. A drugstore alternative that is also a favorite of mine is Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner.

*Quick Tip*Make sure to apply an eye shadow base. Even if you don’t plan on applying eye shadow, it will help your eyeliner stick better, last longer, and appear sharper. Recommendation: Stay Don’t Stray Eye shadow Primer 

To begin lining your eyes, lay the eyeliner flat against your lash line in the middle of your eye. Then, drag it outward, keeping it as thin as possible.

When you’re finished it should look something like this:

Next, turn your eyeliner so the point is at the corner of your eye. 

Draw a diagonal line going upwards. It should look like this:

Time for the tricky part! Take your time while doing this step. Connect the diagonal line with the straight line going across your eye. It’s okay for your eyeliner to get slightly thicker at this point!

The final step is to make a tiny, thin line in the inner corner part of your eye. I find it’s easiest to do this last and it keeps your eyeliner even as possible. You want to lay the brush flat against your lash line with the point going towards your inner corner, basically like the first step. 

To finish off the look, coat your lashes with your favorite mascara. My all-time favorite is Great Lash Lots of Lashes. I hope this tutorial makes lining your eyes a breeze! 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!