etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Have A Relaxing Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As college students, we are always looking forward to weekends and breaks. As we are all acutely aware of, it is Spring Break season and the last thing we want to do is deal with friendship drama and/or schoolwork stress. Here are some ideas for a low-key spring break.

Treat yourself to a spa day:Being constantly surrounded by friends can be a bit overwhelming. Taking a day for yourself can be exactly what you need to unwind. Treating yourself to a spa day is the perfect way to get your mind off schoolwork and get rid of any stress.

Bonding day with Mom or Dad:

Living away from home makes it difficult to spend time with your parents. In high school you saw your parents every day, but now you see them mostly during breaks and some weekends. Over spring break, you could go to dinner and a movie with dad or have a long lunch date with mom. Chit chatting with mom and dad is the perfect way to spend a day.

Amusement park day:

If you are feeling more social, plan a trip to an amusement park, such as Six Flags or Lake Compounce, with your close friends from home. Being apart from each other as you’re away at different colleges can make maintaining a friendship difficult and spending an entire day going on crazy rides is a great way to reconnect.

Movie night:Pack an overnight bag and plan a sleepover/movie night at a friend’s house. There is nothing better than having a low-key night with your best girlfriends just catching up, and watching hotties like Channing Tatum or Ryan Gosling do their thing.

Adventure day:

Do something or go somewhere you have never been before. You can grab a friend and try a new restaurant or explore a part of NYC that you have never been to. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you can even take a hike around a trail near you.

The best breaks are the ones where the unexpected happens, when you spend time with friend and when you remember to relax. No matter what you end up doing, just remember that this is an opportunity to take a break from your usual routine- embrace it!

I'm a senior Politics major with English and Women, Gender, and Sexuality studies minors. My passions include reading, writing, and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. You can find me binge watching Netflix or loudly singing along to my newest music obsession.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!