How to Do A Girls Night Out in Fairfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Having fun plans for the weekend helps us get through a long week of writing papers, studying for exams, and binging on your latest Netflix show addiction. The week drags on with a busy class schedule and homework, making it difficult to set aside time to socialize with friends. There’s no better way to escape from routine student life than to have a girl’s night out in downtown Fairfield.

As students, we often need a break from below average dining hall food and Ramen noodles. You and your friends deserve to reward yourselves by going out to dinner. Going out to a restaurant in town provides change of scenery and a quiet, comfortable place to reunite with your friends.

If you and your girlfriends are craving a unique flare on Italian cuisine, head over to Centro Ristorante & Bar located on the Post Road in Fairfield. You are greeted at the door by a friendly hostess and have a choice to sit on the outdoor patio or a cozy booth inside. Not only is the food delicious, but you can also rely on attentive service and a lively atmosphere. Centro is a great place to catch up on some much-needed “girl-talk” while enjoying a great meal. You will leave feeling full and even closer to your friends.

Next stop on your girl’s night out on the town is frozen yogurt. You can satisfy your froyo craving with two different options, 16 Handles or Pinkberry. With colorful décor and upbeat music, these two spots will be sure to catch your eye. Both vibrant, busy locations display a wide variety of tasty flavors and you can add as many toppings as you would like to make your froyo treat just right.

You and your friends won’t want to end your night just yet until you take a stroll around town and check out the local shops. Apricot Lane Boutique, in particular, offers the latest styles and fashion trends you do not want to miss out on. As we enter the fall season, we are searching for new pieces to add to our wardrobe that are perfect for this weather transition. Apricot Lane displays a great selection of clothes, shoes, and of course accessories that are nothing less than one of a kind. Whether casual or formal, Apricot Lane provides shoppers with a unique collection of clothes that cater to almost any occasion. Keep in mind, Fairfield University students get a 15% off discount when you present your Stag Card at the register. And lets be real, a girl’s night out is not complete without a little retail therapy.

Downtown Fairfield offers a lot of unique venues for almost any occasion. Even when you feel as though your stress level has reached its peak, take a deep breath, and think about your girl’s night to help you power through the rest of the busy week and embrace the weekend. 

Hi, I'm Christina! I am currently a junior here at Fairfield University majoring in Communications and minoring in Marketing. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus Fairfield team, and I look forward to writing articles for the News and Blog sections. Always follow your dreams and do what you love!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!