Style > Beauty

H&M’s New Eco-Friendly Beauty Line Expected To Launch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Jumping on the up-and-coming fashion-forward beauty trends, H&M is debuting a modern, eco-friendly makeup line featuring 700 new affordable products. The beauty line will carry hair care, makeup, body care, and beauty tools, prices ranging from $2.99 to $24.99. The line launched online September 17th and is set to come to stores October 1st. Check it out online here.

To set themselves apart from current beauty lines created by Top Shop and Target, H&M offers sustainable, affordable and Ecocert-certified cosmetics. Eco-friendly advocates will fall in love with the recycled materials used for packaging and all ingredients are completely paraben, GMO, synthetic, fragrance, and dye free.

Later this season, the line is expected to expand further to include 1,000 products, with the addition of nail products and hair-styling tools. For the most dedicated beauty investors, they are also set to eventually add a line of prestige beauty products, featuring higher quality cosmetics.

H&M Beauty’s concept designer, Sara Wallander, says, “We think of it as ‘fashion for the face’-it’s a fun part of shaping your look.”

Sara, along with a dedicated team of beauty experts, have been working on this project quietly for three years. Wallander explains that their main goal for this new line is to extensively reach a more diverse and international fan-base for H&M.

“We wanted it to be for everyone; that’s been super important from Day One,” she says.

To give a brief idea of the diversity of this line, foundation is offered in twenty shades ranging from alabaster to ebony. There is also a mix-your-own color wheel available to match a concealer and foundation perfectly to your skin tone.

Wallander explains, “Much like their clothes, people put high demands on their makeup.”

She wants this line to meet everyone’s needs to the fullest extent possible. Enter primers, loose powders, makeup brushes, an extensive range of lip products, and nail polish shades. The products in the line can take you from natural, everyday looks to bold, daring statements. Also, Wallander mentions that you can make a subtle statement by swapping out one everyday product and incorporate a pop of color. For example, try out a jewel-toned smoky eye to put a spin on the classic, sultry look.

“You can keep your ordinary look, but just mix it up with new hues,” she says.

Will you be making room in your makeup bag to try out some of these new products? We definitely will be! Be sure to check out the collection online now, and then in stores October 1st to pick up a few of the hundreds of eye-catching products from the new line.

Katherine is a sophomore at Fairfield University currently studying Public Relations with a minor in Marketing. She works behind the scenes as Executive Style Editor for Her Campus Fairfield. New York City is her dream, where she plans to pursue and thrive in the world of the arts. She has a talent for creating visually stunning productions that encompass several inspirational mediums including makeup, fashion styling, and interior design. She loves to combine her passion for creation with her strong skill of organization.  In her free time she loves catching up on the latest pinterest activity, watching too many episodes of Lost, or indulging in one of her favorite activities: shopping! This girl is a huge advocate for girl power, inner beauty, and confidence!
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.