picture of two girls sitting
picture of two girls sitting
Katie Mazzotta - me

Her Feature: Getting to Know our CC’s Katie and Cassie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This week we are taking the time to get to know our lovely CC’s, Katie and Cassie! Katie Mazzotta and Cassie Dileo are both Junior Marketing majors with Finance minors. In an interview with both girls, I asked them each a set of questions and here are their responses!

What made you want to be CC’s?

Katie: “I wanted to be a CC to go out of my comfort zone and gain experience with a leadership role. As a Marketing major, I knew the event planning, promotion, and social media factors would be beneficial to me and the path I want to take in my future.”

Cassie: “I’ve been a part of this club since the beginning of freshman year and loved all of the events that the club held, so I wanted to become more involved in it.”

Have you had any cool internship or study abroad experiences you’d like to talk about?

Katie: “I had a financial internship with Morgan Stanley last summer where I got to conduct investment research and support financial advisors with any ad hoc requests. I also had an amazing study abroad experience last summer of 2019 to Florence, where I got to take two courses and get six credits. In doing this, I was able to visit some incredible parts of Europe such as Interlaken, Switzerland, Split, Croatia, and various parts of Italy.”

Cassie: “I had a marketing internship while abroad in Florence last semester. I helped the company develop a new marketing campaign for their business and had a great experience utilizing marketing skills. I was also a social media intern at the New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce last summer.”

If you could choose one, what is your favorite part of Her Campus?

Katie: “My favorite part of HC is the events. I organize events such as fundraisers, shopping events with local companies, spray tan events, fashion shows, resumé building workshops, alumni panels, etc. I enjoy this because it is a great way to build relationships, network with alumni and local companies, and provide the club with fun, beneficial events for their futures.”

Cassie: “My favorite part is working with local businesses and hosting events!”

How do you hope to incorporate Her Campus into your professional lives post-grad?

Katie: “I hope to incorporate HC into my professional life when it comes to social media and event planning for whatever company I work for. Ideally, I want to work in advertising so these skills will be important for promoting goods and services. I could also incorporate the leadership aspects into the real world if I ever have some sort of team that I am leading at work.”

Cassie: “I plan to use the leadership skills I have learned through this club in my future jobs. Since this club relates to the Marketing field, it will be helpful to use these skills of organizing, advertising, and fundraising in my future career.”

What is one piece of advice you would like to give other HC members for the rest of their time here at Fairfield?

Katie: “Don’t just use Her Campus as another bullet point on your resume… Actually go to events and use them as a resource for yourself and for your future. Alumni connections and networking is the most important factor when it comes to getting jobs and internships, so use everything at your disposal to help you get there.”

Cassie: “I think that members should go to as many events as they can. To make the most out of your time at Fairfield, you must take advantage of all of the opportunities offered. This experience goes by way too fast, so appreciate your time here and stay involved.”

Thank you, Katie and Cassie, for sharing some insight about you two! We thank you for all you do for us at Her Campus of Fairfield and cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us!

HCXO, Collegiettes!

Casey Chu

Fairfield '21

Hi, my name is Casey Chu! I am a Junior Nursing major at Fairfield University. I am a writer for this club, and look forward to reading all the content this year!
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.