Her Campus Fall Fashion 2017 Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The campus colliegette of Fairfield University came together this past Monday night, November 13th, to celebrate Her Campus Fairfield’s 2nd Fall Fashion Show.

Her Campus Fairfield is a branch off of the national media powerhouse Her Campus, a platform created for female college students as a place for them to write and publish articles on the things that they believe most impact the female college woman’s life today.

The fashion show was held in the Barone Campus Center Oak Room, which was set up similar to a show that you could see at New York Fashion Week. The space had a Her Campus flair with pink balloons, streamers and the signature pink Her Campus banner.

The evening was kicked off with a warm welcome from Her Campus Campus Correspondent Alexis DiZenzo, Editor-in-Chief Jennie Toutoulis and Social Media Director Tracey O’Donnell who served as the hosts for the event.

All chapter members that walked in the show were allowed to style their own outfits, which provided an outlet for them to express their style to the crowd. The audience got a sneak peak at the newest fall and winter trends with clothes courtesy of shops like Apricot Lane.

“I liked how the outfits that were showcased were relevant to the holidays that are coming up”, said Amy Polewaczyk, a junior nursing major. “They gave me some fashionable, yet unique and affordable ideas as to what to wear.”

Not only did audience members get the chance to participate in games like a scavenger hunt and a dress making competition using only streamers, they also got to enjoy a performance from Fairfield’s very own Gaetano Annunziata and the musical styling of DJ Willy G.

All audience members were given a raffle ticket, where prizes like a Tommy Hilfiger bag, an Apricot Lane gift card and other great treats were up for grabs. The executive team and chapter members of Her Campus Fairfield have been working hard throughout the semester to ensure the success of the event.

“I think we did a great job of having more of an audience interaction, which caused for an overall better turnout”, said DiZenzo, “It was amazing to see it all come together.”

The Fairfield chapter of Her Campus is made up of 100+ girls from all grade levels and majors, many of whom had a hand in the success of this event. Not only were members walking in the show, they were also helping behind the scenes, selling tickets and helping with the raffle table.

“It’s so awesome to see how much talent we have in our chapter,” said Toutoulis, “and how many girls got to showcase that throughout the whole fashion show process.”

Audience members greeted each model with great energy and excitement, which gave a great vibe to the entire event.   

“My favorite part of the night was just having so many of our members working together”, said Toutoulis, “the fashion show allowed me to collaborate with the girls on our social media and marketing teams.”

DiZenzo has been tasked with the job of Campus Correspondent, where she is in charge of leading chapter meetings with the team and staying in contact with members of Her Campus’ national office. Members such as herself have been lucky enough to be granted amazing opportunities due to being a part of this organization.

“It definitely is an empowering club to be in and it opens up so many doors and opportunities in the real world”, said DiZenzo.

The chapter is looking forward to continuing this tradition for many years to come.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com