Her Campus Acquired ~Spoon University~ and We Couldn’t Be More Excited!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Collegiettes, we have some exciting news! Her Campus has recently acquired ~Spoon University~, the leading Gen Z-focused online media platform for all food related news. This deal is a huge milestone for Her Campus Media, since it is the company’s third acquisition in recent months. The brand Her Campus now encompasses Spoon University, College Fashionista (acquired August 2019), InfluenceHer Collective, and Her20s (acquired May 2019 as the Lala and rebranded).

Founded at Northwestern University in 2013 by Sarah Adler and Mackenzie Barth, Spoon University has since grown and developed into a popular digital and social presence that has 2.7MM+ Facebook followers and 370K+ Instagram followers. The platform is filled with a community of thousands of members that have chapters at over 200 campuses. Members sign up with the brand’s ‘Secret Sauce’ technology platform. They have access to a training and skill-building program for editorial, social media, and photography content. In the past, Spoon University partnered with premier food brands to market college students through digital media and event-based offerings.  

Sarah Adler, Spoon University co-founder offered her opinion on the acquisition. “I’m so excited that Spoon University will join the Her Campus family and continue to help college students build teams, find their people, and explore food together. Her Campus shares Spoon’s passion for community building and education, and I can’t think of a better team to take Spoon into the future.” Spoon University joining the Her Campus Media brand will ensure a bright future for the company. The deal will open many new opportunities for Spoon and be able to reach an even larger audience than before, while Her Campus will benefit from being able to solidify its name in the online food realm. It will be exciting to see what the future has in store for Spoon University and Her Campus Media.

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.