This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you are looking to get fit and have fun while doing it, check out a few of these local exercise classes in downtown Fairfield. All of these classes are taught by professional instructors who bring an upbeat energy and motivational spirit to each session. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing yoga class, a high intensity sweat, or heavy weight training, there is something for everyone!

1. Orange Theory

If you thrive on competitive energy, Orange Theory is the studio for you. They have created a special beat technology to measure your heart rate and performance while you work out. You can continuously monitor your results to motivate yourself, too. The class is a 60-minute total body workout that includes both cardio and weight lifting, allowing you to choose your weight and pace for a personalized workout. Check out their student discount and get your first class free!

2.  Yoga for Everybody

Yoga for Everybody welcomes all experience levels to their yoga and meditation classes. They offer beginner, intermediate, rigorous, or restorative yoga sessions. And if midterms have got you down, meditation is a proven relaxation technique! Their studio is located right next to Playa Bowls of Fairfield so you can treat yourself to a smoothie bowl after a successful class.

3. Elliptica

Sometimes cycling can get old, so why not give the elliptical a go? Elliptica offers a high intensity, low impact instructor-led workout which maximizes fat burn. This group class is upbeat, energized, and paired with great music suitable for all fitness levels. The best part is that Elliptica offers your first class free!

4. Fit Club

The Fairfield Fit Club offers high intensity classes with professional trainers who will help you work until you’re feeling the burn in the best way possible! No matter what type of workout you’re looking for, this studio offers something for everyone. Some of their classes include ultimate fitness, cardio boxing, body sculpting, and power boxing.

Lucie Picard

Fairfield '21

Hi everyone! I'm Lucie, a sophomore Marketing major at Fairfield University with a passion for travel, exercise, and good eats!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com