Halloween Makeup to go with Outfits You Already Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Ah, it’s that time of year again. Time for jack-o-lanterns, scary movies, and candy corn. Most importantly, it’s time for Halloween aka the one night of the year to dress up as anything you want!

But if you’re stuck and can’t figure out what to be this year, here are some makeup ideas that turn clothes you already own into a boo-tiful last minute costume!

1. Stag

School spirit doesn’t take a break on holidays! Pair a suede dress from your closet with a fun deer inspired makeup look using bronzer, black eyeliner, and highlighter!

Outfit: 

Makeup: 

2. Skeleton

You can never go wrong with a classic skeleton costume. If you’re up for the challenge, pair a strappy black dress with intense black and white face makeup.

Outfit: 

Makeup: 

3. Cat

This costume gets a bad rep for being basic, but nothing’s wrong with being basic if ~you’re slaying~! Pair your favorite black bodysuit with a skirt or pair of jeans, then add a classic cat or a fierce cheetah makeup look.

Outfit: 

Cat Makeup: 

Cheetah Makeup: 

4. Farm Girl

If you have high-waisted shorts and a flannel, this is super easy to throw together last minute! Just take brown eyeliner to give yourself freckles, put your hair in braids, and you’re set! Bonus points if you have cowgirl boots!

Outfit: 

Makeup: 

5. Barbie

Come on Barbie, let’s go party! Wear any pink clothing you have with a bright pink lipstick and blush, and you’re all done!

Outfit: 

Makeup: 

6. Angel

If you love getting your ~glow~ on, then this is for you! Wear any white dress you have and let your highlighter steal the show! Add a little silver eyeshadow and a halo to complete the look!

Outfit: 

Makeup: 

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com