This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Unlike the Met Gala, the Grammys are normally an event not known for fashion, but for amazing performances, obviously giving out awards to artists who are new and old in the music industry. Yet, the guests that attended the 2022 Grammys proved to us that we as viewers should embrace their appearance just as much as their music.

To begin, we’d like to talk about our girl, “Driver License” singer Olivia Rodrigo. While winning Best New Artist of 2022, as well as two other Grammys, Olivia was seen wearing a vintage look that features pink and purple accents, matching her album Sour. The vintage Vivienne Westwood ensemble was a black corseted dress, with an off-the-shoulder neckline and outlining embellishments, paired with a matching set of gloves. Olivia has worn a selection of vintage and Y2K looks in the past, but this one has to be one of our favorites by far. Olivia took on an old Hollywood silhouette, perfect for the Grammys.

Next, let’s talk about Justin Bieber, a listed performer for the night. He sported an oversized charcoal gray Balenciaga suit paired with chunky platform shoes. Justin was accessorized with a neon pink beanie and rocked small oval sunglasses. Of course, we can not forget to talk about his wife, Hailey Bieber. Known for her streetwear and everyday “off-duty” style, Hailey switched it up and wore a classy red carpet look. Hailey looked elegant in a straight-fitted pale blush floor-length dress, with her hair tied in a low braid with face-framing pieces. We love this look because it took a risk on a traditional formal look, incorporating current trends, such as the oversized fit.

Good days are on our minds when we see SZA. The Grammy winner was glowing in a vintage Jean Paul Gautier nude tulle mesh dress featuring an assortment of flowers down the middle. To balance the dramatic look, SZA opted for a glowy natural makeup look and soft curls in her hair. This look was blooming and made us excited for the spring and summer trends.

Jack Harlow kept things classic and minimalist with an all-black Givenchy look with silver accents. Performing alongside Harlow, was Lil Nas X who studded on the carpet with an embellished Balmain pearl suit. The pair’s looks complimented each other well on stage during their performance of “Industry Baby.”

The Grammy looks this year did not disappoint. Some more honorable mentions that caught our eye were Doja Cat, Lady Gaga, Chrissy Teigen, Dua Lipa and BTS. From fashion, music, and viral moments, this year’s Grammys was undoubtedly a success and an event we will continue to look forward to for years to come.

Ava Rudolph

Fairfield '25

Ava Rudolph is a first-year student at Fairfield University who is majoring in marketing. She is from Portsmouth, Rhode Island.