This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With less than a week left in my new home of London, I cannot believe how fast these past four months have gone by. Looking back on my study abroad experience, I am proud of all of the places I travelled to and all the amazing memories I have made. There is nothing I would change about my past four months and if I could I would relive every moment of my experience again. I have gained a taste of traveling and know that throughout these four months, studying abroad has changed who I am.

I have now a new desire and passion for traveling. There are so many places in the world and I plan on seeing as many as I possibly can. Studying abroad was only the beginning of my adventures. These adventures allowed me to try new foods, see places I studied and step outside of my comfort zone. I gained a strong sense of respect for cultures and appreciation for my own. While visiting Greece I saw a city that was very run-down yet their culture was so authentic they brought you into their restaurants with open arms, wanting you to experience their music, food and drinks.

Apart from all of the travel and different cultures I experienced, living in London was a huge change. Being a city girl I was not afraid to use public transportation. The Tube system in London is very convenient and easy to use.  I had no problem adjusting to traveling around the city and getting to know the different neighbourhoods. Exploring and spending days out in the city, I could not help but to fall in love with such a beautiful place. There is something about London that makes you gain passion. Seeing the way people live in this city gave me the drive to work hard to reach my career goals.

London has opened so many opportunities for me. I was able to meet professors that could possibly help me jumpstart my career in London and I gained friendships that will last a lifetime. Most of all, I matured. I now know where I see my future and have a new outlook on life.  I matured in the sense that I know I can travel to any country and navigate for myself. I learned to let go of having a rigid agenda. Traveling abroad with nine other girls in your friend group, you learn to go with the flow of things. Sometimes there will be bumps in the roads and you might have to take a second route instead of the first route planned but you learn to adjust and realize that sometimes it will not always go your way. I learned to enjoy the time I am given and make full of every opportunity.

With me heading back to the states in a short few days, I have officially learned the true meaning of “bittersweet.” If I could stay in London for the rest of my life I no doubt would but returning back home will be such a thrill. I am sad to leave behind the people I met and my favorite places in London I would spend my time. Living in London has been the best experience of my life and I am not sure what could top this but I am excited to see where it will take me. I am excited for my future journeys. I have made amazing friends, memories and lived in a place people dream of. My experience was everything I wished for. I am lucky enough to call London my home. 

Hi Loves! My names Audriana currently studying Marketing and Journalism at Fairfield University. I'm a Philly girl with a bubbly personality. I love anything Pink! Style icons: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen.  New York City, Iced Tea and Gossip Girl addict. Fell in love with London and traveling while abroad my fall junior semester. Follow my beauty/fashion blog www.beyondyourblowout.com and on instagram  @audrossano
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.