Is Gisele Bündchen Retiring From Runway?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The rumor mill is at it again. In the past few weeks there have been reports of international supermodel Gisele Bündchen retiring from runway shows after 20 years. News of the retirement was first reported by Brazilian publication Moda Estadão. According to the fashion blog, the 34-year-old star will be trading in the stilettos to spend more time with four-time Super Bowl champion husband, Patriots QB Tom Brady and their three children (relationship goals).

We know, we were upset too.

That is until a rep for IMG Models, the agency that represents Bündchen, released a statement denying the retirement claims. The agency said that Bündchen still has a “strong relationship with several international brands for which she may have to do shows”.

The former Victoria’s Secret Angel is expected to walk in Brazilian fashion house Colcci’s show next month at São Paulo Fashion Week, which was reportedly her last show. Here’s to hoping the gossip is just gossip and that everyone’s favorite super model won’t be leaving the catwalk behind any time soon!

Karolina is a senior at Fairfield University with a major in Communications and a minor in Professional Writing. A newly appointed style editor this year, she has a passion for all things beauty and fashion. Follow her on instagram @kaphrodite!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.