Gilmore Girls Makeup Is Now a Thing That Exists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With the release of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life coming in just a few weeks, we Gilmore fanatics have been busy rewatching the timeless episodes of our beloved series.  Numerous pictures and interviews with the cast have been released, but we are left buzzing this week because Gilmore Girls inspired makeup is being released! (What!?!)  

BRIJA Cosmetics has come out with a Gilmore-themed matte eyeshadow palette that includes 17 cleverly named shadows.  Some of the best names include “A Film By Kirk” which is a white eyeshadow that is meant to mimic the black and white film from season 2; “Vicious Trollop” which is a mauve colored shadow made to look like Lorelai’s lipstick from season 2; “Am I Crying or Laughing” which is a medium coral shadow named after Sookie’s witty line from season 3’s Thanksgiving episode, and “Notes In the Margin” which is a rich dark brown named for our favorite ex boyfriend Jess Mariano.

While the Gilmore Girls eyeshadow palette may seem a bit over-the-top, especially considering Lorelai and Rory never truly experimented with makeup throughout the series, there has also been a line of Gilmore inspired lip balms released by Urban Tee Farm.  The first lip balm is, of course, “Vicious Trollop.” (because what company would release Gilmore Girls lip products without Lorelai’s favorite lipstick?)  The second lip balm is a mango mint flavored one called “Spring Break.”  This lip balm is meant to reflect Paris’ spring break experience with Rory in season 4.  The final lip balm of the set is, as you guessed, “Java Junkie” a coffee flavored lip balm made for all those coffee fanatics like Lorelai and Rory.

The Gilmore Girls makeup doesn’t stop there though.  Nvr Enuff Polish released a Gilmore-themed nail polish line.  This trio includes, once again, “Vicious Trollop” which is a glittery purple color, “Coffee With My Oxygen” which is a glittery purple-brown color, “Jam Hands!” which is a glittery red color, and, our favorite Gilmore Girls quote, “Oy! With the Poodles Already” which is a glittery cobalt blue with purple undertones.

While these Gilmore Girls inspired makeup lines may seem silly, they’re definitely a great way for us fans to get excited for the series revival.  So, grab your favorite junk foods, your fellow Gilmore fans, and these witty makeup products and continue binge watching everyone’s favorite childhood show the Gilmore way!

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant