Galway Girl: Mathi’s Trip to the Aran Islands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

I have now been in Galway for about a month and half which means I’ve visited most of the tourist attractions this part of Ireland has to offer. When people come to Galway one of their must do’s is to see the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. Don’t get me wrong the Cliffs are breath taking, but personally I think a hidden are the Aran Islands. If any of you find yourselves in the Galway area I highly recommend taking trip to the spectacularly beautiful Aran Islands. The islands are about a 45 minute ferry ride off the coast of Ireland and have a host of gorgeous landscapes, cliffs, beaches and some friendly farm animals. I feel like these islands don’t get nearly as much attention as they deserve.

One of the island’s gorgeous beaches. You would never believe this was Ireland!

We rented bikes and were able to ride around the whole island.

The Cliffs of Moher aren’t the only landscape worth visiting!

The island was covered with rock walls and sprawling green fields.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.