This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Galentine’s Day Inspired Food and Drinks!

By: Annie Hartnett

Whenever I go shopping this time of year, I’m greeted by aisles of heart shaped candy, pink gnomes, and Hallmark cards expressing love. Being single, it can be difficult to see those in relationships on Valentine’s Day. However, love can come in many different forms and every year I think it’s important to emphasize love within friendships. Love in female friendships is so important and deserves to be celebrated! Luckily, there’s a day to celebrate the importance of these friendships in life: Galentine’s Day. Originating from Parks and Recreation, this day is celebrated on February 13th. All over social media, I’ve seen Galentine’s day parties being thrown and if you need some food or drink inspo for your party, I got you covered.

Charcuterie Board:

This appetizer is trendy for good reasons. It’s fun to make and looks aesthetically pleasing. There are many different types of charcuterie boards, but I’ll show you how to make a basic one. First, you want to use a larger board to fit the food and knives for cutting up and serving the cheese. Next, you want to gather your cheeses. You can get many types of cheeses, but some of my favorites are brie, gouda, pepper jack, and cheddar. If you want meat on the board, pepperoni, and prosciutto are always good options. Next, gather some crackers like Triscuits or Crostini bread. Lastly, if you want to spruce up your board, you can add more items like nuts, jam, and olives.

Heart shaped pizza:

Pizza is always a great option for group dinners. It’s easy to make and most importantly delicious. Keeping with the season, a heart shaped pizza is definitely a fun recipe to make. For ingredients, you’re going to need dough, pizza sauce, olive oil, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. You can also add toppings of your choice to make a more colorful pizza.

Cotton Candy Champagne:

If you’re on TikTok, you’ve seen this drink. It’s creative and simple to make with only two ingredients: Champagne and Cotton Candy. First, you want to fill a glass with Cotton Candy and then pour with Champagne and mix. Prosecco and Rose can also be used and if you’re looking for a mocktail option, substitute the Champagne for Sprite or Pink Lemonade. However you’re having this drink, it’ll look pretty and fit in perfectly with the Galentine’s Day theme.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries:

Every year, chocolate covered strawberries are always a hit. They’re tasteful and are a dessert everyone ends up raving about at the end of the night. They only take about 20 minutes of baking time. For ingredients, you’re going to want to use chocolate chips, like Ghiradelli Baking Chips and strawberries. There are also other toppings like sprinkles, white chocolate, and Oreos you can add if you’re looking for something different.

Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Bars:

This dessert is unique and the red velvet adds a perfect color for the season. For Cookies and Cream and Red Velvet lovers, this recipe is to die for. This recipe takes a little bit longer by baking for 45 minutes. The ingredients are red velvet mix, an egg, butter, milk, salt, Oreos, and Cookies and Cream bars and the recipe is linked below.

This Galentine’s Day, enjoy some quality time with your gal pals and remember how important female friendships in life truly are.

XO Annie 

Annie Hartnett

Fairfield '26

Annie Hartnett is a writer for Her Campus’s Fairfield University chapter. She loves to write on the team and some of her favorite topics include pop culture, fashion, and mental health. She also has worked with the social media team to help curate content for Instagram and TikTok, as well as create designs on Canva to promote weekly articles. In addition to Her Campus, Annie is a New Student Leader at Fairfield, where she guides first year students and provides them with resources as they transition into college. She also is part of Fairfield University’s Student Association (FUSA) on the Marketing team where she works to boost engagement with students and market events for the class of 2026. Annie is a Marketing major and hopes to have a career in Social media marketing. She's also a general member of the Marketing Club and Women in Business where she hopes to gain exposure into the world of Marketing and other industries. In her free time, Annie loves exercising and trying new workout classes, watching rom-coms, and spending time with her friends and family. She loves listening to podcasts and all types of music, but her current top artists are Taylor Swift and Noah Kahan.