Fun/Affordable Girls Night In/Out Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As college students, we’re all ballin’ on a budget. But sometimes, we need a night with the girls to relieve us from the stresses of the week. It’s not impossible to find super fun, low budget activities to do with your best friends! So if you are stuck during the week and just need a break, here is a list of some things you should definitely do!

Spa Night- Whether it’s facials, nails, or massages, we could all use some relaxation time. Make it fun and find recipes for homemade facial scrubs that you can whip up using household items!

Beach At Night- Grab some blankets, ice cream, and a speaker, and head to the beach! You can watch the sunset together and play music while talking with the girls and enjoying a sweet treat!

Holiday Themed Crafts- Whether you bake Christmas cookies, color Easter eggs, design Halloween costumes, or host a Friendsgiving where everyone contributes a dish to the table, celebrating the holidays with friends is always memorable!

Game Night- Take out some board games and get competitive! Make teams and set a rule – losers clean up!

Movie/TV Marathon- Pull up Netflix and binge watch your favorite show or your favorite romantic comedies. Don’t forget some popcorn!

Road Trip- You may want to go apple picking an hour away to enjoy the fall weather, but the journey can be just as fun as the destination with the right people and the right music to jam out to! Put together a playlist and hit the road!

Bowling- Look out for ladies’ night at your local bowling alley and enjoy a fun game against your friends. Make it as competitive as you would like – and maybe keep the gutters down this time!

Scavenger Hunt- Put together a list of places around town with things that each team must do there and take photos of – the fastest team to finish wins pizza, on the losers!

Makeovers/Photoshoot- Practice new makeup looks on each other to sharpen your skills and then have a photoshoot when you’re all dolled up! Who knows, maybe you’ll get a new profile picture out of it!

Picnic At The Park- Prepare some sandwiches, pack some apples, and head to the local park for a picnic on a sunny day. No tipping involved and you’ll get to enjoy the outdoors!

I am from Long Island, New York. I currently attend Fairfield University and I am pursuing a major in Finance and minors in Mathematics and Economics. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com