This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Who doesn’t love curling up in bed with a cup of coffee and reading a good book?  The only problem is knowing what books to read.  Here is a list of five books that should definitely be on everyone’s checklist this fall.

1. The Girl On the Train – Paula Hawkins

Yes- the movie version of this book just came out and it was amazing and you should definitely go see it.  However, Paula Hawkins’ novel is by far better than the movie. Currently number one on The New York Times Best Seller list, The Girl On the Train is a thrilling novel that depicts the life of Rachel whose alcoholism is driving her towards insanity and possibly murder.

2.  Two by Two – Nicholas Sparks

Who doesn’t love a good Nicholas Sparks novel about unconditional love?  This brand new novel follows the life of Russell Green as he is faced with losing his stunning wife and successful career while trying to raise his lovable six-year-old daughter.

3.  Commonwealth – Ann Patchett

This New York Times Best Seller has been on the list for five weeks now, and there is definitely a reason why. Commonwealth is a moving novel about the lives of two families, the Cousins and the Keatings, and how one encounter at a christening party alters the relationship of the families forever.

4.  A Man Called Ove – Fredrik Backman

Frederik Backman’s novel A Man Called Ove has been on the bestseller list for 21 weeks now.  This novel follows the life of Ove, a curmudgeon, as he learns to love his chatty new neighbors after their two daughters flatten his mailbox.

5.  The Woman in Cabin 10 – Ruth Ware

If you love books like Gone Girl and The Girl On the Train then this novel should definitely be on your must-read list.  This thrilling novel follows journalist Lo Blacklot as she works on the assignment of a lifetime: a one-week luxury cruise vacation.  Lo’s trip starts out as a pleasant and fun vacation filled with sunny skies and blue waters.  However, as her voyage goes on and the skies get darker, Lo thinks she witnesses every cruise-goer’s nightmare: a woman being thrown overboard.  Though all the passengers have been accounted for and everything seems to be fine, Lo is convinced that someone is trying to hide something big

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant