This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We recently returned from spring break and all of a sudden, it’s that time of year again.  Finals! Here are some ways to make studying a bit more bearable:

Book a study room. Organize a time that works well for you and some peers in the same class so that you can help and motivate one another. If there are questions, you won’t just be sitting there staring at your notes waiting for things to click and if someone starts to give up, someone else can keep that person in check.

Power up. Make sure you get sleep every night and learn to love coffee!

Make your own review sheets/study guides. You may not even realize that by doing this, you are studying, and then all of the information you need to study is conveniently in one place.

Start studying a week before your final. Even just a little bit each day alleviates the pressure of feeling that you must stay up and cram everything into your brain the night before the exam.

Get to the library. You may think that you can focus in your room, but once you get distracted by something, there is nobody to stop you. If you are in a quiet environment surrounded by people doing work, you will feel forced to do the same.

Motivate yourself with an incentive to study. Maybe you can watch another episode of the current series on Netflix you can’t get enough of, or you can eat a snack, or you can check social media- if you just finish outlining this next chapter.

Believe in yourself. Don’t start crying the night before the exam about how you don’t know anything. You’ve been working hard all semester and you’re more than ready for this. Just get through the final stretch and you will be laying on a beach sipping on a piña colada before you know it! Good luck!

I am from Long Island, New York. I currently attend Fairfield University and I am pursuing a major in Finance and minors in Mathematics and Economics. 
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant