Farewell Fairfield: A Letter from A Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Dear Fairfield Underclassmen, 

I am writing to you as I take a break of finishing up some of my final assignments of my entire college career. It is honestly so bittersweet as I approach the last parts of this unbelievable journey. I have so many amazing memories from my time at Fairfield University that will stick with me forever, and I cannot stress enough how important it is that you treasure every second like it’s the last.

As a member of the Class of 2021, I faced a large bulk of the negative impacts of the global pandemic. COVID-19 stripped us from the best final weeks of our junior year, as well as the entirety of our senior year. We lived a large portion of what is supposed to be the best years of our lives, during the most unprecedented times our generation has ever experienced (and hopefully, will ever experience), and we will never get that time back. Waking up worried about new rules and restrictions, new positive cases, sick friends and family, online classes, etc., is no way to live out a college experience, and I hope everything bounces back to normal so you can ride out the rest of your time here the best way possible.

All COVID aside, we still strived to make the most of what we had and all my favorite memories in my life thus far, have stemmed from my time at Fairfield U. We are surrounded by the best people, the best restaurants and stores, and the most beautiful campus and town, take advantage of it as much as possible. 

My advice to you is to live in the moment and really take the time to enjoy and appreciate it. You will make lifelong friends at Fairfield, you will meet your bridesmaids, you will build relationships with your professors and classmates, you might even meet your future husband/wife. College is an unforgettable experience and I hope you have the most amazing time. Though I am so sad to close out this chapter of my life, I am so excited to see what the future holds for me. 

All my best wishes,

Katie Mazzotta

Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.