Parent Trap Lindsay Lohan
Parent Trap Lindsay Lohan
Walt Disney Pictures

FALLING FOR CHRISTMAS: LINDSAY LOHAN RETURNS IN NEW CHRISTMAS MOVIE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s the start of the Christmas season which means one thing- Netflix Christmas rom-coms are back! The plot lines are typically the same, the journalist living in the big city goes back to her small town and meets a guy who teaches her the meaning of Christmas. Or, she takes a trip to Europe and unexpectedly falls in love with the charming British prince. However, every year I can’t help but watch them to get into the Christmas spirit. And this year is no different, except for a familiar face.

She’s back! Lindsay Lohan has returned to her acting career, and the nostalgia could not be more apparent. Growing up, I watched Lohan’s movies such as The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls religiously, and can still quote them to this day. I even dressed up as Cady Heron for Halloween one year in high school. 

Towards the late 2000s, though, Lohan’s career shifted, and she gained notoriety for being the subject of many DUIs and entering rehab. It changed how she was viewed in Hollywood and caused her acting career to halt.

Recently in the past few years, Lindsay Lohan has been trying to rebrand her image and gradually come back into the spotlight. She got married last year and has even moved to Dubai! This fun-filled movie was a great way for Lohan to segue back onto the big screen. Falling For Christmas is about a newly engaged heiress to a hotel who gets into a skiing accident which causes her to have amnesia days before Christmas. She is left in the care of a bed and breakfast owner, played by Glee alum Chord Overstreet.

This movie is predictable, has major plot holes, and is probably not winning an Oscar anytime soon; however, it’s entertaining and truly captures the joy of Christmas. It’s perfect for a girl’s night in and is best paired with some Christmas cookies and hot chocolate. Lohan truly brings the holiday spirit in this film, and I can’t wait to see what she has planned next in her career.N

Annie Hartnett

Fairfield '26

Annie Hartnett is a writer for Her Campus’s Fairfield University chapter. She loves to write on the team and some of her favorite topics include pop culture, fashion, and mental health. She also has worked with the social media team to help curate content for Instagram and TikTok, as well as create designs on Canva to promote weekly articles. In addition to Her Campus, Annie is a New Student Leader at Fairfield, where she guides first year students and provides them with resources as they transition into college. She also is part of Fairfield University’s Student Association (FUSA) on the Marketing team where she works to boost engagement with students and market events for the class of 2026. Annie is a Marketing major and hopes to have a career in Social media marketing. She's also a general member of the Marketing Club and Women in Business where she hopes to gain exposure into the world of Marketing and other industries. In her free time, Annie loves exercising and trying new workout classes, watching rom-coms, and spending time with her friends and family. She loves listening to podcasts and all types of music, but her current top artists are Taylor Swift and Noah Kahan.