This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Say goodbye to bright colors and hello to neutrals! Pumpkin spice season is finally here and we couldn’t be more excited. It’s time to put away tanks and shorts and pull out blazers and sweaters. With the start of a new season comes the new fashion trends along with it.  Some of the common fashion favorites for the fall season are neutral colors, leather, trench coats, statement boots, plaid pieces and oversized blazers. Styled in numerous different ways, these pieces create the perfect fall fit. Two areas of fashion that have popped up in recent years have been the Y2K era and a classy appearance. The question is, which era fits best into the fall season?

Everyone has their own sense of self and style and knows what they like. Some people like the Y2K trend while others prefer a classy look. Gen-Z has done a fantastic job in bringing these fashionable features back. Pleated miniskirts and baby tees have been in full effect for the past two years. The 90s-2000s aesthetic is dominating the fashion industry by young people. I can confidently say that I’ve partaken in this look. However, my style gravitates more towards a classy air. Clean girl aesthetic goes along perfectly with this classy appearance. A classic style is ideal for fall weather. Pair a clean cut blazer with a turtleneck and you’re set to go. The neutral tones of fall will go best with a classy, clean look. For the fall 2022 season, people are going for the “epitome of cool”. A bold look we may see coming this season is power suits. Matching sweat sets are out and the power look is in. Having neutral staple pieces for the fall is key to a great fall wardrobe. Paired with a statement leather jacket or boots will balance out a plain bodysuit or tee perfectly. Based on my knowledge of fashion, I would say the best look for fall is classic. Nevertheless, don’t be afraid to be bold and create your fall wardrobe with pieces from any era!

Hannah Collins

Fairfield '24

Hannah Collins is the Fashion Editor at Her Campus for the Fairfield University chapter. She oversees the fashion article pitches each week, contributes pitches, and articles, and provides feedback/reviews to the articles submitted. Beyond Her Campus, Hannah has been an editorial intern for East End Taste Magazine, a digital lifestyle magazine located on the East End of Long Island. She conducted research for articles, contacted partners about events, and has her own articles published. Hannah is also a writer for The Point Magazine and The Mirror at Fairfield University. Hannah is currently a senior at Fairfield University, with a major in English Professional Writing and a minor in Marketing. She is also a member of the English Honor Society. Hannah spends her free time reading books across all genres and spending time with friends. She's an avid lover of fashion and keeps up with current trends, while also maintaining her own unique style.