Fall Bucket List: Fairfield University Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Fall is without a doubt the best season. The leaves change to beautiful shades of red and orange. The sun is warm but the wind is chilly, you can still get away with wearing light layers, and it’s finally time to break out your super cute booties.  Back in high school, us girls had our lists of things we just had to do in the fall.  Now that we’re in college, we can’t have cute bonfires in our best friend’s backyard or burn fall candles.  But have no fear because the perfect college fall bucket list is here!

Watch Halloween movies Who doesn’t love cozying up at night with your favorite ice cream or a big bowl of popcorn and watching a throwback Halloween movie?  During the month of October, every college girl should be watching Hocus Pocus, the Halloweentown movies, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.  So grab your friends, pick up your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor from the bookstore and stream your favorite Halloween movies all month long.

Go apple picking Apple picking during the fall is an essential part of every girl’s fall bucket list.  You don’t have to go crazy and pick a few dozen apples – just going through the apple orchards and picking up a couple of your favorite kind is good enough.  

Get lost in a corn maze

Corn mazes are definitely a must during the fall.  Who doesn’t love dressing up in their favorite fall outfit and taking cute pictures in a field of corn?  It doesn’t get any more festive than that!    

Go to on a haunted hayride

If you love Halloween as much as I do then this is right up your alley.  The Legends of Fear Haunted Hayride in Shelton is only half an hour from campus and it’s super festive.

Decorate your dorm What better way to get into the fall spirit than covering your door and window with cute fall decorations?  You can also get fall scented room sprays to make everything in your dorm smell like pumpkins and apples!  

Read a book Cuddling up with a cup of coffee, some fuzzy socks, and a great book is definitely one of my favorite things to do during fall.  You can go downtown to the bookstore and find some great fall reads.  

Make the perfect fall playlist I don’t know where I would be without my fall playlist on Spotify.  During these colder months, I tend to stray away from the rap and pop songs and instead go for some more chill songs.  If you don’t feel like making your own playlists, Spotify has some great playlists that are perfect for relaxing during fall-time.

Jump in a pile of leaves

Getting a cute picture of yourself jumping into a pile of leaves is about as fall as you can get.  

Get a coffee at Neat in Westport If you haven’t taken a ride down to Westport and gone to Neat for brunch you are definitely missing out.  This cute little cafe has awesome food and coffee around.  Aside from the fact that everything tastes great, everything at this restaurant is super photogenic too.  It’s a great weekend treat and photo-op too!

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant