Fairfield University Bucket List As Told by Rising Juniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

2 years down, 2 to go… but where did the time go?

As we all recently selected our housing for the 2016-2017 year, I think it has finally sunk in; we are halfway done with our undergrad college careers. But how is that even possible? Wasn’t it just yesterday we were Pinteresting our dream dorm and attending our very first college class? Now, we are college pros with a group of amazing friends we couldn’t image life without. So what’s next for the “half-way-doners”? Here are 10 things we want to complete over the last 2 years!

1. To Settle Into Our MajorsWe hit the cut off. We declared and (hopefully) we’re prepared. The rest of our college career will be focused on a subject we are passionate about and actually want to study. From accounting to nursing, we are excited to dive into something that will lead us to our dream career.

2. To Go Abroad/Visit Our Friends AbroadAs much as we all adore our Fairfield bubble, we want to go out and explore what the world has to offer. Whether this means traveling to Florence or Madrid, or even jetting off to Australia, we want to take advantage of studying abroad. Even if we can’t go for an entire semester, visiting our friends living in a different part of the world is a must!

3. To Go On A Weekend Road TripAdventure awaits, and we want to mix up our typical weekend routine once in a while. Of course we adore our beach darties but we also want to experience what it is like to road trip with our BFFs. Besides, we definitely should visit those friends we’ve been promising to visit since freshman year.

4. To Tackle Spring Break

When Fairfield U takes over an entire resort? Check us in. We can’t imagine anything better than spending a week in paradise with the entire 2018 class making memories and taking photos that will last way longer than our sunburns. Plus, we already stalked the previous senior classes and know exactly where and where not to plan our trip.

5. To Attend More On-Campus EventsWe want to take DJ Greg up on all those emails he and FUSA send us. We hope to actually spend an afternoon or evening at campus event and appreciate all the planning that goes into it. Besides, before we know it, we will be attending campus events as alumni.

6. To Apply To Our Dream Internship/ JobWe want to have the courage to follow our dreams. To build up our resumes that not only will look fabulous to employers, but also enjoy doing every extracurricular activities along the way. Even if some of our dreams are out of reach, we want to put our names out there and network as much as possible.

7. To Volunteer MoreWe want to make a difference in our community. Even if this means something as simple as donating a jacket to a coat drive in the winter or something as big as mentoring a child each week. We want to get involved and make a difference in anyway possible.

8. To Participate in All of The University TraditionsA.K.A. mock wedding, different ‘jams, traveling around to different countries and attending all the tailgates before big sports games.

9. To Stop Taking Our Friends For GrantedUnfortunately late night pizza and vent sessions with your besties can’t physically happen forever. We want to take the time to thank the people who not only hold us at 2 a.m. while we cry over broken hearts, but also those who celebrate our success. We want to make sure our buddies know how much they are loved and appreciated over these next 2 years.

10. To Stop Worrying About The FutureWe understand that the world doesn’t owe us anything. If we want to succeed we will have to work hard to get there. Trust us we get that, but in order to make the most of the time we have left, we need to spend more time with the people we love and less time worrying about what the future holds. 

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant