Fairfield Restaurant Week: October 12-18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Stags, get ready for a night on the town – or maybe seven! Downtown Fairfield’s third annual Restaurant Week is running from October 12th to the 18th and it’s a perfect time for that romantic date night or a girl’s night out complete with some serious retail therapy. Throughout Fairfield, restaurants and boutiques are giving amazing discounts and they want you to get involved, so take the Stag Bus down to the bookstore and start shopping!

Some of your Post Road favorites are getting involved this year with lunch and dinner specials that will make your mouth water. You can try Colony Grill’s two-topping pizza and soda for $10 or treat yourself to a three course dinner complete with chocolate mousse layer cake or turtle cheese cake at Joe’s American Bar & Grill. Other restaurants along Post Road that are involved are Café Madeline, Centro Ristorante, Flipside Burgers & Bar, Mecha Noodle Bar, Old Post Tavern, Tazza Osteria & Bar, and Wafu Asain Bistro.

But this year, Restaurant Week isn’t just for your tummy – it’s for your closet too! Fairfield is adding a “Passport Promotion” to this year’s festivities. When you eat at a participating restaurant, ask your server for a passport that will allow you to be the new VIP of Stag Country. Each time you go to a restaurant during the week, get your passport stamped as proof and, if your passport has at least two stamps in it by the end of the week, fill out your information and turn it in to the Fairfield University Bookstore by October 22nd to be eligible to win a prize. The grand prize is a night’s stay with luxury accommodations at Southport Delamar hotel and a dinner for two at Artisan. Other prizes include gift cards to the best of Fairfield’s boutiques and salons, a one month membership to Fit Club, or $200 worth of ShowBucks for the Fairfield Theater Company.

Your passport can also help you shop ‘til you drop in all of the cutest downtown stores. For all the students who are feeling their wallets getting slimmer, the Fairfield University Bookstore is having a 5 to 30% off sale, excluding textbooks. Island Outfitters, Beehive, Hazel Daze, Jenny Boston Boutique, Label Exchange, and Yurway Boutique are also offering discounts this week. Capri, a vibrant and classic little boutique near Centro Ristorante, is offering a terrific deal. Not only do Fairfield University students already get 15% off their purchase but, during Restaurant Week, Capri is offering another 15% off and a free pair of earrings with any purchase. Beth McPadden, an employee at Capri, is excited for Restaurant Week and what it will do for business and the community. “It will bring people downtown who’ve never stepped foot in our store and it will give everyone an opportunity to try new things because it is less expensive,” Beth believes, “And who knows, people may even find their new favorite restaurant!”

Restaurant Week, filled with delicious food, fantastic deals, and interesting events, is sure to be a crowd pleaser without breaking the piggy bank. For a full list of participating restaurants and stores and a detailed schedule of events, visit rw.fairfieldct.org!

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.