Everything You Need to Know about Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

December 2nd will be of the best nights of the year and we are all counting down the days! Many of us college girls will grab a container of Ben and Jerry’s and stare at the television in amazement of the Victoria’s Secret angels, all decked out in bedazzled bras with luxurious angel wings on their back. These women are amazing icons for many females out there and truly are an inspiration.

The 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion show has officially happened and been recorded for us to watch from the comfort of our dorms in just a few weeks! But before you and your besties have a viewing party, here is everything you need to know about what went down on the most angelic night of the year:

This year’s show took place in New York City after being abroad last year in Shanghai! Since so many celebs live in NYC, be sure to keep your eye out for any famous faces in the audience!  

Aside from the amazing models, its star studded performance lineup included Halsey, Rita Ora, Kelsea Ballerini, Bebe Rexha, The Struts, Shawn Mendes, and The Chainsmokers. We cannot wait to see them sing while the Angels strut down the runway!

Okay, who else saw those ~amazing~ Instas of Kendall Jenner ready to walk the runway?! “Always an honor,” Jenner captioned a photograph of herself on Instagram wearing an array of feathers on her back followed a pic of her in a schoolgirl-inspired outfit. Plus, we could not have been more #blessed to see the beautiful trio that is Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Alexina Graham show off their extravagant lingerie together on our Insta feed.

Of course, Alessandra Ambrosio was seriously missed, but we were so excited to know that many of our models would be back in addition to some new faces. Behati Prinsloo made her triumphant return to the runway after giving birth, but we had to say goodbye to Lily Aldridge who announced that she is expecting her second child. New models who walked this year include Kelsey Meritt, the first Filipino model to walk for the brand.

The most newsworthy Angel of the night was Adriana Lima. She has walked in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show more than any other model – 19 times! In a Victoria’s Secret Instagram photo, she looks absolutely amazing smiling at the camera with brilliant white feathers on her back. During this year’s show, Lima announced that she would be retiring from working with the brand. Although it will be bittersweet, we can’t wait to watch her wear her wings beautifully for the last time.

As for the Fantasy Bra, Elsa Hosk got the amazing opportunity to wear the $1M piece. It was designed with over 2,100 Swarovski diamonds, and she looked absolutely flawless.

Make sure to tune in to ABC network on December 2 for a show you will not want to miss!

Alonna Nesto

Fairfield '20

Alonna is a junior at Fairfield University majoring in Digital Journalism. In her free time, Alonna loves hanging out with her friends, listening to music, and going to the beach.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com